Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 06-18-2007   #7

Default Re: Sony KDS-R60XBR1 SXRD Rear Projection HDTV Review

Call me crazy, but I'm not all that impressed by the Sony SXRD HDTV's. Screen seemed a bit pixelated to me and didn't display std definition TV nearly as well as a plasma. I'm a custom LCD and plasma installer, so I'm not typically in favor of floor standing TV's that take up a lot of square footage in a room. But the price:size:quality is pretty good I guess.

Can't get my client's Harmony remote to mate up with the SXRD's Video 6 component video input either; argh !

Otherwise, the Sony SXRD is a typical Sony product, fully featured, a bit more expensive than competitors, and probably still worth the extra bucks.

HiTech Upgrades.com
clinthicum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1996, 50, 61, calibrate, calibration, hdtv, inch, kds60, kdsr60xbr1, led, projection, rear, sony, sxrd, video