Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 11-20-2007   #31

Default Re: What is the best rear projection HDTV currently?

The review won't go live at least until 12/1/07. I think it might be 1/1/08.

j
Old 11-20-2007   #32

belizebound,

If you are trying to bring this TV into Belize, you might want to check out the import taxes. A good friend of mine is moving to Costa Rica to start a bed and breakfast fishing place and the taxes for electronics are EXTREME! Hopefully for you (if you are going there) the Belizians are more mild!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #33

Default Excise taxes

I agree with Ken on this and will add that the Sony importer there might not cover the warranty.

I would likely buy it there.

j
Old 11-20-2007   #34

Just for the hell of it I went to my local Best Buy yesterday (after dumping the wife and mother-in-law off at Marshals) and looked at all the offerings, since I'm considering a new TV too.

The Sony looked very good to me... but everyone seems to look for different things in TV's - just like everyone seems to like different things in the audio system. Go check them out in person and see what you like best - this is very important when it comes to sizing too.

I was considering a 60" - but when I "get real" and consider how close my couch is to where my TV is going to be I think it's a bit much. To my eye a 55" is a better fit.

To those with a 70" - unless you are about 30' away it would be way overwhelming to me - and be reminiscent of sitting on the front row of a movie theater like when I was 12 and trying to get to first base with Kelly Davis - but I digress....

My point is.... everyone likes different things so go check them out for yourself!

PS - Yes I got to first base with Kelly - then she dumped me... and then I got to 2nd base with her best friend Shannon!
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #35

Jim,

I use the 70' Sony, and by current guidelines my 12' viewing distance is the MAX, I could be as close as 8'!
Old 11-21-2007   #36

As for Shannon, I always loved best friends!
Sponsored Links

Tags
40, bulb, bulbs, costco, expectancy, hdtv, jvc, kds55a3000, life, parts, projection, rear, replacement, sold, sony