Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rear Projection HDTV (http://www.avrev.com/forum/rear-projection-hdtv-21/)
-   -   jvc hd z56rx5 dark patches (http://www.avrev.com/forum/rear-projection-hdtv/4974-jvc-hd-z56rx5-dark-patches.html)

cliffholden 09-13-2010 09:00 AM

jvc hd z56rx5 dark patches

I have a JVC HD Z56RX5 reverse projection TV which has been brilliant until the last few months when a dark patch has appeared on the bottom left quadrant of the screen covering about 25%.

It is possible to see through the dark patch but not clearly.

I have just replaced the bulb after 2 years useage but the dark patch is still there.

Can anyone give me any advice on what the cause may be.

Thanks in advance.

rbinck 09-13-2010 12:45 PM

Re: jvc hd z56rx5 dark patches

Maybe a dirty mirror?

cliffholden 09-13-2010 11:32 PM

Do you know how i can access the mirror to clean it. is it an easy task?

rbinck 09-14-2010 09:24 AM

Some sets are easy. You take the front screen and lenticular lens sheet off to gain access. Other sets require removing the back. You might try google to see if anyone has posted instructions for your set. Once you gain access the mirror can be cleaned with a microfiber cloth and distilled water. I recommend getting a can of compressed air to blow as much dust off of the mirror first. If your set has a mylar film mirror you want to be careful not to apply too much pressure to it. If it is glass you can clean it like any other mirror. Also make sure the lens on the light engine is clean.

Good luck.

jfn 09-29-2010 03:51 PM

I have a JVC LCOS TV, Model HD-P61R1U. After four years of operation, blotches began to appear on the screen and the picture and color appeared dull even after a lamp replacement. I carefully removed the front screen panel by taking all the screws out accessed from the rear. Care must be taken to support the panel as it will drop downwards as the final screws are removed. Also, a plastic wiring connector behind the panel must be detached before the panel can be removed. I carefully vacuumed all the dust accumulation out of the cavity. You must be diligent and cautious in doing this to avoild any damage to the wiring, etc. Then, I used a microfiber cloth moistened with purified water and carefully wiped the large mirror at the rear of the cavity. Do this three times using a clean moistened cloth each time. Likewise, wipe the round glass lens at the center base of the cavity three times. Lastly carefully wipe the rear surface of the screen panel three times. A darkish residue was evident on the first cleaning and diminished with each cleaning. Depending on the amount of residue, more than three cleaning may be required. Following cleaning, reconnect the panel wiring and reattach the panel with all the screws previously removed. The end result of this cleaning process was astonishing. The blotches were gone and the picture was brilliant and clear; the colors were vibrant. In my estimation, picture quality was better than when I first used the TV. While this procedure was specific for my unit, I believe that it can be applied in most cases using care and discretion.

InveDamon 04-14-2013 09:27 PM

I recommend getting a can of compressed air to blow as much dust off of the mirror first. If your set has a mylar film mirror you want to be careful not to apply too much pressure to it.