Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 06-14-2007   #1

Smile The Good Ol` CRT

You know, I`m sure I may start some stuff here and turn some heads, but........
The Sony KVXBR series, especially the highly reviewed and rated 2620, is a great tv. And as we know, has none of the same problems as Lcos, DLP, LCD, Plasma, etc.

Though the largest I believe you can get as far as size goes is 40 inches, there is something to be said for having none of those associated issues, and a great HDTV source.
No black level issues, crazy greens, playing during day light hours, burn in, etc.
With a great AVR like the recently reviewed Yamaha RXV861 by Mr. Robinson, and a set of surround speakers, you will have a great system.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #2

Default Re: The Good Ol` CRT

Don't forget a serious stand... that TV weighed over 300 lbs!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #3

Default Re: The Good Ol` CRT

Hi Guys,

I have been a CRT fan for many years, but I must admit I have given all of mine up. My reference KV-34XBR960 34-inch tube is now in the hands of a close friend replaced by a space saving Pioneer PDP-4270. My Runco DTV-991 8-inch CRT has been replaced by a Samsung 710 DLP projector. The only advantage that the CRTs have over these displays is black level, and it is a slight advantage. the vast improvement in Contrast ratio from these fixed pixel displays outweighs their weaknesses. in the case of the Samsung it is also far more accurate in color and gamma over any CRT based front projector.

By the way I think you are referring to the 40-inch Sony direcct-view series, which means this thread is in the wrong place.
Email: kevin@ISFTV.COM
Web Site: www.ISFTV.COM ; www.tweaktv.com
Founding Imaging Science Foundation Member since 1994. Industry Consultant ~ ISF Instructor
Contributing Editor to CNET.COM, & AVRev.com
Kevin Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
calibrating, crt, good, kv34xbr960, kvxbr, sony, sound, tv, video