Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 02-26-2008   #1

Question UPS for DLP TV

Sunday, the power flickered, and the HD DLP TV powered off. Suddenly, I realized that my Mitsubishi WD-73833 was no longer cooling the lamp. This is bad.

Any recommendations for a UPS?

(BTW: I currently run it through a Monster Power HTS-5100. Manual says NOT to hook it up to a UPS.)
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #2

Default Re: UPS for DLP TV

The TV's manual says NOT to run it on a UPS?

That's weird, I run my Sony KDSR70XBR2 on my PurePower 700 and it works great, excellent for the rest of the system as well!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
The TV's manual says NOT to run it on a UPS?

That's weird, I run my Sony KDSR70XBR2 on my PurePower 700 and it works great, excellent for the rest of the system as well!
As you know, not all UPSs are built the same.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #4

Damn indeterminate possessive pronouns! The Monster Power conditioner said not to hook IT up to a UPS! I do run the TV through the Monster Power conditioner, but during my little outage the other day, both the MP and my TV went out for a short while.
Old 02-26-2008   #5

Exclamation Re: UPS for DLP TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post

Ouch! I just read your (quite recent) review of the PurePower 700. Sounds good, but the price is a little too dear for me. I was fat, dumb, and hopefully, not-too-stupid with the Monster HTS-5100 for $700 (including the MX-500 I was using until this past week).

Can anyone recommend a simple UPS for the TV? (Or, I'll just get one of the APCs I use for my computer stuff.)
Old 02-26-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
Ouch! I just read your (quite recent) review of the PurePower 700. Sounds good, but the price is a little too dear for me.
I understand, it's not for everybody, but it does so much more than any other power system for a HT, as a regenerator with battery backup it is the only thing outside of using a computer UPS, which is designed for a totally different application and might not be of benefit to your picture.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1200c, backup, battery, computer, dlp, fan, gray, hdtv, mitsubishi, richard, stays, system, tv, tvs, ups