Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 02-21-2008   #7

Default Re: Anthem D2 or DVDO for 70" SXRD

I also recommend a PROFESSIONAL calibration of your set by an ISF calibrator. They will be able to get you a LOT more performance from your set and your processor than you are likely to get on your own.

I just flew Kevin Miller in from NYC (as part of a press tour he was on in LA) to do my new projector which was WAY off. In an hour he had it ROCKING.
Old 02-21-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Its hard to quantify how much of an improvement there will be but its there.

The DVDO VP50pro is the best place to switch your HDMI and it solves ALL SORTS of video maladies.

I use it and I recommend it.
Sony's are infamous for poor video processing though. So the addition of a DVDO will make a really amazing set shine.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #9

I got to say, living with a D2 for a while and with the new version with room correction on it's way there is something nice about the single box solution. The scaler in the D2 is pretty good, certainly better than the one in my Sony KDS R70XBR2 for sure. Now when I pony up and buy myself a real rig with a front projector, I might see more difference between the two, and may even see some at my 70" screen size, but my experience with the D2 has been very favorable.

Can't wait to get to mess around with the room correction this week!!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #10
BMW

Hey guys, i appreciate all of the input! Since I've had this display for a while and had it worked on twice I'm not sure what to expect or if I'm just looking too hard. I am getting it calibrated on this Friday by Dave Abrams. He was recommended by Kevin Miller. Hopefully he can tell me if the display is functioning properly.
On the subject of DVDO or Anthem, or both, I am still not sure what to do. Will it be really difficult to operate with both of these units? I currently am using a very old Onkyo AV receiver. Soon to be replaced in the next update of my den.
Also, will I have to recalibrate again if I get the DVDO or the Anthem?
BMW
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Also, will I have to recalibrate again if I get the DVDO or the Anthem?
BMW
This is a good question. I had always thought display calibration was independent of the source. I would think you should only have to calibrate when you change displays. Like for audio, room correction only has to be done once for the pre-amp/receiver until you replace the pre-amp/receiver.

So, I would think that even though you change your source i.e. DVD players, HD DVD, Blu-ray, etc. you should not have to re-calibrate your room or display.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #12

Well, I've gotten to play with the new Anthem ARC-1 room correction in the D2 and it is AWESOME!!!! If you have or are buying this processor, get the new version with the room correction, it's a major improvement over and above an already exceptional unit!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
70, anthem, arc, arc1, audio, d2, dealers, hd, kit, lose, processing, ps3, sxrd, upgrade, video