Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 12-28-2007   #13

Default Re: Sony to drop RPTV?

I just got my 60" Sony Bravia SXRD RPTV three days before Christmas -- on recommendation of our esteemed managing editor Andrew Robinson, who ended his tips to me with "You can get a top of the line Sony rear pro Bravia LCD TV that will be killer for more than a few years for the price of most budget LCD or Plasma TVs." Say no more, I ran right out and found one. Another reason to love AVRev.com, with great advice like that.

I couldn't be happier. Paid $1600 for it, and it rocks, and I don't even have access to HD channels yet (box coming). Even regular DVDs through my Onkyo player are awesome. Basketball games -- as God meant them to be. And its footprint is no deeper than the 32" Mitsubishi it replaced.

Think I should stock a bulb replacement? Will they become expensive or hard to get when Sony bows out?
mrmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #14

Thumbs up Re: Sony to drop RPTV?

Can not say for sure, but why not. Parts do, in general seem to slowly disappear after a product goes discontinued. So, stock up now I say, and avoid the mad search for bulbs later.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, 3lcd, best, discontinued, dropped, hdtv, lcd, making, mitsubishi, quits, rptv, rptvs, sony, stop, sxrd, tv