Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Rear Projection HDTV

Rear Projection HDTV Post about DLP, D-ILA, LCOS, SXRD and more.

Old 02-15-2008   #31

Default Re: Sony KDS-R70XBR2 70-inch SXRD HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Yes kenny, and you wonder, how much if any thought goes into a company making a decision like this. It just doesn`t make logical good sense to me. The 60 and 70 inch SONY RPTV`s are great sets.
It just doesn't make sense to me, it cuts out a great set at a reasonable price. I understand the higher sales of plat panels, but at this size they are impractically expensive.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
It just doesn't make sense to me, it cuts out a great set at a reasonable price. I understand the higher sales of plat panels, but at this size they are impractically expensive.
Yes, i definitely agree with you. But, this is the kind of thing SONY does. Can`t live with them, can`t live without them!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #33

Quote:
Yes, i definitely agree with you. But, this is the kind of thing SONY does. Can`t live with them, can`t live without them!!
They were losing money on them.

So dropping them is a good business sense.

The R&D expenses on the new RPTVs was more than the profit brought in from selling units. RPTV sales have just dropped way too much. They waited too long to price them reasonably.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
They were losing money on them.

So dropping them is a good business sense.

The R&D expenses on the new RPTVs was more than the profit brought in from selling units. RPTV sales have just dropped way too much. They waited too long to price them reasonably.
Didn`t know that. Its a shame though. You have the Bravia 55 inch out their that avrev.com just reviewed, great tvs with excellent picture quality at good pricing.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #35

Quote:
Didn`t know that. Its a shame though. You have the Bravia 55 inch out their that avrev.com just reviewed, great tvs with excellent picture quality at good pricing.
They waited too long to price them aggressively is the main problem. That combined with them not giving their aggressive pricing a chance to do anything with market shares.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #36

Question Re: Sony KDS-R70XBR2 70-inch SXRD HDTV

I have the Grand Wega KDS-60 A2000 which Sony produced in July 07!!.Upon uncrating the
Wega?,there was a XBR2 certificate under the set.I have to believe that Sony built up some hybrids to finish out all remaining stock of parts.As a CEDIA installer and ISF certified,the picture is as good as the Qualia series.Far better than it has to be for the price and close to some of the finest projectors on the market.Question,Sony seems to be out of replacement bulbs,Ken or anyone,do you have any ideas on whom I could contact for a couple of replacements that are OEM quality.All beware,when and if Sony runs out of bulbs,cheap,but expensive alternatives will flood the market!The bulb is a very important part of the equation,true white light must be produced to obtain certified results.Thanks guys for any advice or help.
paulphoosreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1080p, 1080p24, 70, block, edid, firmware, forum, hdtv, inch, kdsr70xbr2, lcos, optical, plasma, sony, sxrd, update, xbr2