Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 12-08-2007   #37
Tee

Default Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
I just purchased the DTC-9.8 today. Got tired of having seperates that were just so far behind the times. Figured, at the price I paid (discount retail) I couldn't afford to pass it up. Breaking in now. Already, it terms of connectivity and features it SMOKES every processor on the market right now. And judging by what I saw coming at CEDIA it will continue to smoke other processors for a while. There will be a full AVRev review coming soon.

I have a few processors in my home at my disposal, and I went out of my way to BUY this, I'm that fed up with the current state of high end processors. More to follow...
Congrats!

As a owner of a 9.8, i look forward to reading your review!
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #38

Andrew,

You beat me to the punch! I was going to buy one, but don't like my local Integra dealers so I didn't.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #39

Where are you guts finding these? I'm a poor college student that got into AV to early (got hired on somewhere at 16 and started a very expensive hobby at a time in my life when I was living at home for free )

I am comparing the Denon DN-A7100 to this. I know feature set wise the integra takes the cake. However I think I found a used denon for 5** dollars, which is also a huge factor. Trying to jimmy rig component to hdmi upconversion with an external piece of hardware sucks. I here the crystalizer sounds great, but it only does 5.1pcm (I only have 5.1, not sure if I should really care) but then again only two hdmi inputs. The integra seems to fill a lot of gaps, but doesn't seem like it would look great in my AV rack (while the denon is plain at least it doesn't draw attention to itself by looking somewhat ugly).

Sorry for this being my first post on the forums. Was reading around and ya'll seem like a friendly bunch! Much nicer than some of the other av forums I have found.
mrarmyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #40

Smile Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Congrats!

As a owner of a 9.8, i look forward to reading your review!
I am also an owner of the Integra 9.8 and find it an awesome unit I have all HDMI connected to my OPPO 980H,Comcast Cable Box,Pioneer1060FD with no problems.The picture with Reon is outstanding.I sold my Lexicon for the 9.8 and it is better in ways of all the the upgrades in AUDIO and VIDEO.This is the best priced Processor on the market for all the new future upgrades it has.I cannot wait for ANDREWS review.
voigtskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #41

Andrew tells me he is very happy with this unit, I have not found anyone in the high end (not to diss Integra) that has anything close, and even after hunting for it at CES STILL haven't!

I did find some great new pre/pros coming, note COMING, but no one has the DTC 9.8 beat for features YET. I still think it is the steal of a lifetime in audio and might need to buy one just to have for now....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #42

Talking Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Andrew tells me he is very happy with this unit, I have not found anyone in the high end (not to diss Integra) that has anything close, and even after hunting for it at CES STILL haven't!

I did find some great new pre/pros coming, note COMING, but no one has the DTC 9.8 beat for features YET. I still think it is the steal of a lifetime in audio and might need to buy one just to have for now....
Oh GOD!! There you go, just could not resist the temptation!! I was wondering how long it would take!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
98, 99, audio, buy, denon, dna7100, dtc, dtc98, dtc99, hdmi, integra, prices, problem, processor, ps3, review