Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 11-28-2007   #31
Tee

Default Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I saw that, I am not paying full price for used audio gear... Sorry.
I understand, the seller feels he can get that b/c they are so hard to get. Like some people will wait it out for their's to arrive.
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #32
Tee

Default Secrets Review of the Integra DTC-9.8!

So how does all this technology sound in practice?

"Amazing. I can hardly express how happy I am with the sound of this unit. For those of you who have ever sat though a professional demo in a controlled environment, you know the feeling when the hair on the back of your neck stands up, and you think, "I wish my home setup was this good!" The Integra DTC-9.8 can help get you there."

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...07-part-1.html
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #33

I just purchased the DTC-9.8 today. Got tired of having seperates that were just so far behind the times. Figured, at the price I paid (discount retail) I couldn't afford to pass it up. Breaking in now. Already, it terms of connectivity and features it SMOKES every processor on the market right now. And judging by what I saw coming at CEDIA it will continue to smoke other processors for a while. There will be a full AVRev review coming soon.

I have a few processors in my home at my disposal, and I went out of my way to BUY this, I'm that fed up with the current state of high end processors. More to follow...

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #34

Well, it looks more and more, unless you go with Mcintosh or Anthem, that "home theater receivers" will be the new hub right now, until the ultra high end companies catch up.
Not a bad thing. Maybe you lose that nth degree of detail or low level resolution, and of course mega power if you need it. But other than that, flexibilty, connectivity, and maybe the most important to some, ease of use is increased.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #35

While Anthem does an amazing job keeping up with the Jones' they still lack a bit of the current feature sets you'll find with receivers or with the Integra DTC-9.8. Even with new products launching at CES from what I've seen the seperates market is still a bit behind. And the latest crop of receivers, in terms of HD audio and video formats seems to be holding strong with 1080p/24 with Dolby True HD and DTS HD. HDMI 1.3 w/ deep color seems to be as good as it gets for the imediate future, or at least until next year's CEDIA but by then my Integra will have paid for itself a few times over.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #36

Smile Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
While Anthem does an amazing job keeping up with the Jones' they still lack a bit of the current feature sets you'll find with receivers or with the Integra DTC-9.8. Even with new products launching at CES from what I've seen the seperates market is still a bit behind. And the latest crop of receivers, in terms of HD audio and video formats seems to be holding strong with 1080p/24 with Dolby True HD and DTS HD. HDMI 1.3 w/ deep color seems to be as good as it gets for the imediate future, or at least until next year's CEDIA but by then my Integra will have paid for itself a few times over.
No, I definitely agree with you. The receivers are far ahead. With Mac and Anthem trailing behind. At least, they are trying. But Mcintosh did announce this awesome new pre/pro broadcast quality unit. Looks very interesting.
Yes, your Interga will definitely have paid for itself. Hey, enjoy for today. We will all wait to see what the future brings.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
98, 99, audio, buy, denon, dna7100, dtc, dtc98, dtc99, hdmi, integra, prices, problem, processor, ps3, review