Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 11-22-2007   #19
Tee

Default Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

I was hoping you might have gotten lucky, I would love to see a pro review on the 9.8 one day.

I can tell you one thing, I love my 9.8! Speaking of new toys, I was able to add the new Panasonic BD30 with it, all i can say is.......HD Heaven with this combo! The new audio formats being streamed to it sound simply outstanding sir.
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #20

I may still, I am trying to figure out what to buy next......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #21
Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I may still, I am trying to figure out what to buy next......
What items are on your list?
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #22

Well,

A better question might be what isn't on the list!

In the last month a bought a new watch, new audio racks, a PS3 and a new laptop for starters.

I still want more watches, an EMM Labs CDSD se/DAC6e se player, the new Revel Ultima2 HT with Salons for fronts, voice center and studio for surrounds. Oh yeah, then I need more Transparent cable for the rears... I would love to add the Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma to the bedroom (I think I could fit 60") and I'd like to add a Recarro seat to my Honda Element as well. I also would LOVE to get a VP50pro scaler for the main system.

I have a small shopping problem.......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well,

A better question might be what isn't on the list!

In the last month a bought a new watch, new audio racks, a PS3 and a new laptop for starters.

I still want more watches, an EMM Labs CDSD se/DAC6e se player, the new Revel Ultima2 HT with Salons for fronts, voice center and studio for surrounds. Oh yeah, then I need more Transparent cable for the rears... I would love to add the Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma to the bedroom (I think I could fit 60") and I'd like to add a Recarro seat to my Honda Element as well. I also would LOVE to get a VP50pro scaler for the main system.

I have a small shopping problem.......
......and a partridge in a pear tree.
TracyRainH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #24

After Terence's insistence that the 9.8 is "all that and a bag of chips", I bought one. I'm not that crazy about the cosmetics but it's in my AV closet unseen. It's really not too bad, just not as cool looking as my Sunfire.

Using my HD DVD player, I can not hear any difference between the 9.8 and my Sunfire. The 9.8 does have a little better bass management but I need to dig a little deeper into the EQ settings. So little time to play. Having the OSD is nice. I had to switch inputs on my projector to use the Sunfire's OSD since I had the HD DVD going directly into the projector.

One thing that I do hear is a very quiet, but still audible, pop when the HD DVD changes tracks at the start of a movie. I'm talking about when it goes from showing the studio logo to maybe the previews on a disc. I do not hear it when it changes chapters during the movie itself. Tee, is this the case with yours?

I have yet to hook up my DVD-A/SACD player or do any 2 channel listening.
TracyRainH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
98, 99, audio, buy, denon, dna7100, dtc, dtc98, dtc99, hdmi, integra, prices, problem, processor, ps3, review