Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 10-26-2007   #7

Default Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

I was just talking to Jerry Del Colliano and despite him telling me I'm crazy (he does that alot!) I am going to get on the phone tomorrow and see if I can buy one locally....

If I find one, I'll let you know but from what I hear they are few and far between so I too may be waiting for mine.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyRainH2o View Post
Jerry and Kenny, thanks for your thoughts.

I have read plenty of happy owner's praises of the Integra but most of those guys have upgraded from a receiver. My thinking is that the Integra will blow most receivers away in terms of sound quality. I too am wondering how it would hold up to a solid pre/pro like Sunfire, Lexicon, Anthem...
Most maybe, but not all. There is at least one person who upgraded (or downgraded if that's how you want to look at it) from an Anthem D2 which retails for four times the price of the Integra. He has no regrets and isn't looking back. He's very satisfied with the Integra 9.8 compared to the Anthem D2.

He's commented about the 9.8 on at least two different forums.

For what it's worth I ordered an Integra 9.8 the first week of August and I'm still waiting...
mitch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #9

I'd be floored if it was as good as the Anthem D2, that is a great pre/pro and scaler.

I think the Integra has a shot to sound better with the new audio formats on Blu-ray and HD DVD like dTs Master HD, DD Plu etc. If it even holds a candle to the D2 in analog, then it truly is the bargain of the year!
Old 10-27-2007   #10

If I were you Ken - I would pop for a D2 because you are going to have a HARD time going from a $24,000 Meridian to a $1600 preamp. Its no indictment of the $1600 preamp but its like going from an AMG Mercedes to a Honda Element..... (wait.... its like going from a twin turbo 911 to a Mercedes ML500) Ah forget it - I don't have a good analogy
Old 10-27-2007   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I'd be floored if it was as good as the Anthem D2, that is a great pre/pro and scaler.

I think the Integra has a shot to sound better with the new audio formats on Blu-ray and HD DVD like dTs Master HD, DD Plu etc. If it even holds a candle to the D2 in analog, then it truly is the bargain of the year!
That could be the case about the newer audio formats. Although if it could get close to the performance of the D2, MC12 or Meridian, it would be the bargain of the decade.
TracyRainH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #12

I hear you Jerry, I highly doubt anything will keep up with the Meridian 861, it has been my reference processor for just that reason.

FWIW I still have the Benz, and love the Element... I was going to sell the Benz, but for what I would get for it (likely $30-35K) it just doesn't seem worth it. It's nice to have an extra car, and it's really nice to have a uber hot, fast convertible.
Sponsored Links

Tags
98, 99, audio, buy, denon, dna7100, dtc, dtc98, dtc99, hdmi, integra, prices, problem, processor, ps3, review