Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 04-22-2008   #61

Default Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Picked up the Integra Monday and spent most of the day fondling it. Now if the new plasma would just show up!!!
gaffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffman View Post
Picked up the Integra Monday and spent most of the day fondling it. Now if the new plasma would just show up!!!
So you are comfortable telling us all about fondling your gear eh???

It's OK, I was home for a couple days the other weekend and despite having seen the piece and read the manual I wanted to open the box to my Denon AVP-A1HDCi and fondle it! I resisted though....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #63

Thumbs up Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
So you are comfortable telling us all about fondling your gear eh???

It's OK, I was home for a couple days the other weekend and despite having seen the piece and read the manual I wanted to open the box to my Denon AVP-A1HDCi and fondle it! I resisted though....
Hard to believe kenny that you resisted!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #64

Sorry to crash this thread with the same question I asked on the HDMI thread but:

It seems that to take full advantage of the Integra 9.8 you really need a player that supports all the formats - CD, CDR, Divix, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-Audio, SACD, and Blu-ray
AND
outputs pure bitstream across the HDMI 1.3 port for all these formats. Does this exist yet?
The newest Oppo does not do Blu-ray and converts SACD (DSD) to PCM before outputting (not an optimal solution). Is there any player that gets it right??

CaliFan
CaliFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliFan View Post
It seems that to take full advantage of the Integra 9.8 you really need a player that supports all the formats - CD, CDR, Divix, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-Audio, SACD, and Blu-ray
AND
outputs pure bitstream across the HDMI 1.3 port for all these formats. Does this exist yet?
No, and I doubt it ever will.

DVD-A and SACD are for most purposes dead, sure I keep four players for these formats in my home, well, actually five counting the PS3, but I can't tell you when I last bought a DVD-A or SACD. I do love some of the ones I have and the sound is so good I wish they would have taken off, but they were just way to unrefined during release (can you say three pairs of IC, then a video and digital cable for a true universal player to the pre/pro?) to ever make it to mainstream.

Thanks to HDMI (a connector I don't personally like but must deal with) Blu-ray is a much easier proposition for J6P to implement.

Keep hoping, but I doubt you'll see a player that does all this ever.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #66
wes

Cool Re: Who Bought the Integra DTC-9.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
No, and I doubt it ever will.

DVD-A and SACD are for most purposes dead.
Not!

www.sa-cd.net
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
98, 99, audio, buy, denon, dna7100, dtc, dtc98, dtc99, hdmi, integra, prices, problem, processor, ps3, review