Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 12-22-2007   #25

Default Re: Recommendations for a Pre-Amp needed

I'm new to forums, but have been collecting my AV system since 1980. My current setup for movies is a Pioneer blu-ray player connected via HDMI to a DVDO VP-50 (5 months old) scaler/deinterlacer. From there the video goes via HDMI to my Sony VPL-VW100 projector, and the audio via SPDIF coax to my Meridian 568.2 A/V controller.

Now comes the dilemma. How can I hear lossless multi-channel audio from the BD player and process video without tossing out the VP50 and the 568.2, which I am very happy with?

Of course the 568.2 can only process LPCM in stereo (no dialogue from the centre channel) through the coax inputs and has no HDMI switching. I am not interested at all in the latest receivers.
Am I dreaming? Any advice would be appreciated.
BluHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluHorizon View Post
How can I hear lossless multi-channel audio from the BD player and process video without tossing out the VP50 and the 568.2, which I am very happy with?
You can't, the 568.2 will only do DD or DTS, to take advantage of the new audio formats (DD+, DTS MA HD...) you have to run them via HDMI to a pre/pro or receiver that accepts them, and to date, Meridian hasn't announced such a unit (maybe they will @ CES but we'll see) Keep what you have and run the digital by coax/ optical from the BDP to the Meridian and enjoy.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #27
wes

If you believe the rumors Classé SSP-800 should be the new king of the hill!!

I can't wait to hear a demo supposedly in May is the release date, I think may be Fall is more likely
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
634, amps, audio, av, av634, carver, manual, needed, preamp, preamps, priced, receivers, setting, sound, sunfire, surround, tgpv, video