Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 01-24-2008   #19

Default Re: WHAT ABOUR CARVER?

Yes, I hear you. I guess nothing is clear cut today. But only Bob and Joesph Audio know who is telling the truth. But the fact it made him lose control of his own company, is pretty sad.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #20
Super Moderator

I hope Bob is cooking up something new and cool... Things are getting stale. I'd like to have his attention for a couple of hours to discuss some ideas I have for using some of his unconventional technology in some correspondingly unconventional ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Yes, I hear you. I guess nothing is clear cut today. But only Bob and Joesph Audio know who is telling the truth. But the fact it made him lose control of his own company, is pretty sad.
Old 02-20-2008   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneman View Post
I hope Bob is cooking up something new and cool... Things are getting stale. I'd like to have his attention for a couple of hours to discuss some ideas I have for using some of his unconventional technology in some correspondingly unconventional ways.
He's a very interesting guy, go to some shows and bend his ear, I am sure he'll listen!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneman View Post
I don't know about imploding. Historically, he's managed to develop something better on each move. I am concerned about how much creativity he can continue to bring forward to consumers as a result of the acquisition. Conflicts regarding his being able to exercise his creativity seems to be a recurring theme.
The funny thing is he gets into trouble after designing main speakers - AL-III Ribbons, The new Sunfire ribbons ect. I love this guy and will always follow his technology - believe it or not, I do have a original Carver C-9 with rack mounts in my system. I've sold two before and always wind up buying another - I decided to never sell my last one. This constant moving is bad on support however.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #23
Super Moderator

Carver's whitepapers on amplifier and speaker design make for interesting reading too. I share your concern for support of his legacy products. I'm currently very satisfied with my amp (I would even consider buying another one just like it for additional channels of amplification), and can make do with my A/V preamp for now, but I know eventually the amp like everything else made by man, will suffer failure, and the A/V preamp is actually already sorely out of date, and will require replacement with something more current, especially given the processing and throughput requirements for the latest version of digital multimedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
The funny thing is he gets into trouble after designing main speakers - AL-III Ribbons, The new Sunfire ribbons ect. I love this guy and will always follow his technology - believe it or not, I do have a original Carver C-9 with rack mounts in my system. I've sold two before and always wind up buying another - I decided to never sell my last one. This constant moving is bad on support however.

Last edited by kloneman; 02-20-2008 at 09:42 PM..
kloneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #24

Thumbs up Re: WHAT ABOUR CARVER?

Well everyone,

Let us all hope, those of of us that love Bob, his products, and his creativity, that soon, and some how, he can get stable with a company or partner, and be solid again so the a/v industry can enjoy his products again.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
15t, amp, audio, bob, carver, critic, cube, electronics, forum, gold, phoenix, receiver, sells, sunfire, watts