Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Preamps (Audio & Video) (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video-8/)
-   -   New Integra DTC 9.8 pre/pro. Best bargain yet?? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video/678-new-integra-dtc-9-8-pre-pro-best-bargain-yet.html)

kennyt 09-12-2007 05:46 AM

New Integra DTC 9.8 pre/pro. Best bargain yet??

This past week at CEDIA Integra showed off their new pre/pro that offers seemingly every bell and whistle out there, doing every new audio format decoding including dts Master HD, a multitude of HDMI ins and two independent HDMI outs (one of the first to offer this feature) balanced and single ended ins and outs, all for ~$1,600!!

At this price point I can't imagine a better deal. I didn't get to hear it, but if you want a new pre/pro to handle everything now while the formats settle out, this one is so inexpensive it might be worth a look even if you know you will be upgrading it in a few years once all the dust clears!

KT

mitch57 09-12-2007 08:23 PM

Re: New Integra DTC 9.8 pre/pro. Best bargain yet??

That's why I ordered one!

kennyt 09-13-2007 06:01 AM

Mitch,

You'll have to let us know what you think of the sound, I suspect one of the Integra models will hit our pages, not sure which yet, but as I said I don't think you could go wrong with this one!

KT

deacongreg 09-13-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 2681)
This past week at CEDIA Integra showed off their new pre/pro that offers seemingly every bell and whistle out there, doing every new audio format decoding including dts Master HD, a multitude of HDMI ins and two independent HDMI outs (one of the first to offer this feature) balanced and single ended ins and outs, all for ~$1,600!!

At this price point I can't imagine a better deal. I didn't get to hear it, but if you want a new pre/pro to handle everything now while the formats settle out, this one is so inexpensive it might be worth a look even if you know you will be upgrading it in a few years once all the dust clears!

KT

That does sound perfect to match with Integra`s other amplifiers. So kennyt, tell me about CEDIA. I`ve always wanted to go there. I saw a small clip of CEDIA on the speed channel, on a show called "Unique Whips" Its about a guy named Will Castro, and how he grew from the South Bronx, to now installing for basketball, football, and entertainers high end cars. They filmed his visit, and after i saw that, I want to be there.

kennyt 10-25-2007 12:19 PM

Greg,

You would be in heaven....

Imagine ALL the high end gear you ever dreamed of in one place... now if it all was hooked up and runn ing to par it would be true Nirvana!

FWIW I have heard this pre/pro is selling so fast they can't even supply review pieces! I am tempted to buy one and see how it goes...

deacongreg 10-25-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 4846)
Greg,

You would be in heaven....

Imagine ALL the high end gear you ever dreamed of in one place... now if it all was hooked up and runn ing to par it would be true Nirvana!

FWIW I have heard this pre/pro is selling so fast they can't even supply review pieces! I am tempted to buy one and see how it goes...

Oh boy, here we go again, Mr. Source is at it again. Seriously though, it does sound great. Maybe hook it up with your new Levinsons and see how they mate together. I`m sure that would be interesting.