Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 11-09-2007   #13

Default Re: New Integra DTC 9.8 pre/pro. Best bargain yet??

No doubt, the Integra 9.8 pre/pro "appears" to be a GIANT killer. It certainly appears to be from specs and featuresets the best overall deal south of $3K, if not higher.

Of course, no one will no until the rubber meets the road (sorry Firestone, now Bridgestone)--meaning until there are a number of reputable reviews. By reputable, I mean the difference in publications (web or magazine) that don't rate cables by price, amps by price, etc.

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007   #14

Default Re: New Integra DTC 9.8 pre/pro. Best bargain yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I can't wait to hear the new Bel Cantos. If they're better than the old eVo series then I'd seriously consider them to replace my Arcam.
The only review where has been slightly compared it to the eVo is here (scroll down):
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...earfield10.htm

Quote:
Suffice to say that by switching from the Tripath amplifier output circuit to the B&O ICE circuit Bel Canto was able to reduce both the size and weight of their amplifier while increasing its power output capabilities and signal linearity.
We can immediately hear sonic improvements over the older designs, but our ears haven't yet cued into to the new technologies' imperfections.
That's the older model, the 300i is supposed to sound even better!
'nuff said, mine is ordered

PS: Congrats on the new room!
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
98, amp, bargain, channel, dtc98, dtc99, integra, matching, pre, preamp, prepro, pro, review, sound, speakers