Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007   #1
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 103
Default ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP

International audio-video manufacturer Rotel Electronics, has been known worldwide for more than four decades for their unique high-end audio and home theater components. The latest example to be unveiled at the 2007 CEDIA Show in Denver, Colorado, is the new RSP-1069 surround processor-preamplifier equipped with the latest generation of digital signal processing and reference-grade audio and video components. The RSP-1069 is the ideal centerpiece for a sophisticated system for state-of-the-art audiophile music reproduction and superb home theater impact.

“Rotel’s commitment to delivering reference performance at rational prices is as strong as ever,” says Rotel America’s V.P. & General Manager, Mike Bartlett, “And the new RSP-1069 is as powerful an example as we have ever offered. Its straightforward design, uncomplicated user interface, and handsome industrial design complement world-class performance on both audio and video planes, a fact that serious music lovers and home-theater fans are sure to appreciate.”

With its simple, uncluttered front panel testifying to an easy user interface, the RSP-1069 is at home atop the most advanced system-stacks, whether concealed in a custom-built equipment closet or in a place of pride atop a rack or cabinet. Technologically, what’s inside the RSP-1069 makes it ideally suited to deliver all of the performance even the most demanding multichannel installation demands.

The RSP-1069 features the Aureus™ audio-DSP engine from Texas Instruments, one of the most powerful and sophisticated on the market. This gives the RSP-1069 a superb foundation for its state-of-the-art multichannel audio palette, which includes the full menu of Dolby Digital/EX, Pro Logic II/x, and DTS/ES-Discrete and Neo:6 modes. This sophisticated start is leveraged fully by the RSP-1069’s use of 24-bit/192 kHz digital-to-analog converters (from industry leader Burr Brown) on all channels, as well as Rotel’s strict adherence to its “Balanced Design Concept,” which lavishes equal care on component-selection and circuit design of each critical section, including digital, video, analog-audio, and power-supply designs.

On the video side, Rotel has selected the proven, impeccable-performing Faroudja DCDi™ video processor to provide upscaling of incoming video sources (analog or digital) up to 1080p (or 1080i or 720p, if preferred), with impressive freedom from artifacts and unsurpassed preservation of original video quality. With no less than four HDMI inputs and three HD/1080i-capable component paths on tap, the Rotel design offers plenty of input/output flexibility for even elaborate home theater installations.

Just as important to many customers, the RSP-1069 provides ample automation options. Three independently assignable 12-volt triggers, and fully duplex (“two-way”) RS-232 serial-port control enable integration with controllers such as Rotel’s RKP range of in-wall keypad controllers, or with custom touchscreen or other media-control systems. What’s more, the Rotel’s three additional zones of stereo audio-plus-video, each with individual source-selection and volume control, allow the RSP-1069 to serve as the command center of a flexible multiroom system, to which Rotel’s new line of ultra-compact, high-power Class D multichannel amplifiers present the perfect complement.

The Rotel RSP-1069 Surround Processor/Preamplifier is meticulously assembled and available in Black Matte or black and Silver cabinets.

Availability: Third Quarter 2007
Suggested Retail Price: $2,199.00
NicollPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21
Default Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP

Has anything changed on this product? It use to be on the Rotel site but now has been removed. I searched for it and came out with a link but it goes to a blank page now:

http://www.rotel.com/NA/Products/Pro...ils.htm?Id=459




Quote:
Originally Posted by NicollPr View Post
International audio-video manufacturer Rotel Electronics, has been known worldwide for more than four decades for their unique high-end audio and home theater components. The latest example to be unveiled at the 2007 CEDIA Show in Denver, Colorado, is the new RSP-1069 surround processor-preamplifier equipped with the latest generation of digital signal processing and reference-grade audio and video components. The RSP-1069 is the ideal centerpiece for a sophisticated system for state-of-the-art audiophile music reproduction and superb home theater impact.

“Rotel’s commitment to delivering reference performance at rational prices is as strong as ever,” says Rotel America’s V.P. & General Manager, Mike Bartlett, “And the new RSP-1069 is as powerful an example as we have ever offered. Its straightforward design, uncomplicated user interface, and handsome industrial design complement world-class performance on both audio and video planes, a fact that serious music lovers and home-theater fans are sure to appreciate.”

With its simple, uncluttered front panel testifying to an easy user interface, the RSP-1069 is at home atop the most advanced system-stacks, whether concealed in a custom-built equipment closet or in a place of pride atop a rack or cabinet. Technologically, what’s inside the RSP-1069 makes it ideally suited to deliver all of the performance even the most demanding multichannel installation demands.

The RSP-1069 features the Aureus™ audio-DSP engine from Texas Instruments, one of the most powerful and sophisticated on the market. This gives the RSP-1069 a superb foundation for its state-of-the-art multichannel audio palette, which includes the full menu of Dolby Digital/EX, Pro Logic II/x, and DTS/ES-Discrete and Neo:6 modes. This sophisticated start is leveraged fully by the RSP-1069’s use of 24-bit/192 kHz digital-to-analog converters (from industry leader Burr Brown) on all channels, as well as Rotel’s strict adherence to its “Balanced Design Concept,” which lavishes equal care on component-selection and circuit design of each critical section, including digital, video, analog-audio, and power-supply designs.

On the video side, Rotel has selected the proven, impeccable-performing Faroudja DCDi™ video processor to provide upscaling of incoming video sources (analog or digital) up to 1080p (or 1080i or 720p, if preferred), with impressive freedom from artifacts and unsurpassed preservation of original video quality. With no less than four HDMI inputs and three HD/1080i-capable component paths on tap, the Rotel design offers plenty of input/output flexibility for even elaborate home theater installations.

Just as important to many customers, the RSP-1069 provides ample automation options. Three independently assignable 12-volt triggers, and fully duplex (“two-way”) RS-232 serial-port control enable integration with controllers such as Rotel’s RKP range of in-wall keypad controllers, or with custom touchscreen or other media-control systems. What’s more, the Rotel’s three additional zones of stereo audio-plus-video, each with individual source-selection and volume control, allow the RSP-1069 to serve as the command center of a flexible multiroom system, to which Rotel’s new line of ultra-compact, high-power Class D multichannel amplifiers present the perfect complement.

The Rotel RSP-1069 Surround Processor/Preamplifier is meticulously assembled and available in Black Matte or black and Silver cabinets.

Availability: Third Quarter 2007
Suggested Retail Price: $2,199.00
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: THE SOUTH
Posts: 13
Default Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP

Haven't called, but noted the disappearance of both their new receiver and preamplifier... alot of online forums c/o about the lack of HDMI 1.3 and no uptodate DOLBY features..

That's why I'll probably go w/ the new NAD T175 and it is apparently upgradeable via hardware and software for new DOLBY features

BIKER
BIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21
Default Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKER View Post
Haven't called, but noted the disappearance of both their new receiver and preamplifier... alot of online forums c/o about the lack of HDMI 1.3 and no uptodate DOLBY features..

That's why I'll probably go w/ the new NAD T175 and it is apparently upgradeable via hardware and software for new DOLBY features

BIKER
I had pretty much decided the same thing. It would be great if they decided to recall it and re-release it with HDMI 1.3 but I don't think I would want to wait for that long.
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: THE SOUTH
Posts: 13
Default Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP

NOW showing up on the webpage again...

of note, HDMI 1.1 no mention of newer DOLBY HD potential or upgrade path
BIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21
Default Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKER View Post
NOW showing up on the webpage again...

of note, HDMI 1.1 no mention of newer DOLBY HD potential or upgrade path
yes, it looks like just a mistake in the web page that is disappeared. So no chance in the product. I will check out the NAD T175 when it is released next month (hopefully).
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
analog, audio, converters, digital, forums, hdmi, home, preamp, preamplifier, processor, processors, rotel, surround, theater, video

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does the Rotel DVD Player compare with name brand units? AVRevForum.com Source Components 1 09-14-2010 08:55 AM
Krell Incorporates HDMI 1.3 with the Release of the Evolution 707 Preamp/Processor AVRevForum.com Preamps (Audio & Video) 5 07-25-2008 06:12 PM
Receiver/Preamp/Amp R-Star Receivers 3 03-31-2008 06:24 PM
ROTEL INTRODUCES TWO INNOVATIVE MULTICHANNEL POWER AMPS NicollPr Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) 7 10-05-2007 06:46 PM
Video sources into preamp spearl8 Preamps (Audio & Video) 2 06-22-2007 03:53 PM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1