Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Preamps (Audio & Video) (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video-8/)
-   -   ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video/631-rotel-debuts-new-surround-processor-preamp.html)

NicollPr 09-05-2007 12:20 PM

ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP
 
International audio-video manufacturer Rotel Electronics, has been known worldwide for more than four decades for their unique high-end audio and home theater components. The latest example to be unveiled at the 2007 CEDIA Show in Denver, Colorado, is the new RSP-1069 surround processor-preamplifier equipped with the latest generation of digital signal processing and reference-grade audio and video components. The RSP-1069 is the ideal centerpiece for a sophisticated system for state-of-the-art audiophile music reproduction and superb home theater impact.

“Rotel’s commitment to delivering reference performance at rational prices is as strong as ever,” says Rotel America’s V.P. & General Manager, Mike Bartlett, “And the new RSP-1069 is as powerful an example as we have ever offered. Its straightforward design, uncomplicated user interface, and handsome industrial design complement world-class performance on both audio and video planes, a fact that serious music lovers and home-theater fans are sure to appreciate.”

With its simple, uncluttered front panel testifying to an easy user interface, the RSP-1069 is at home atop the most advanced system-stacks, whether concealed in a custom-built equipment closet or in a place of pride atop a rack or cabinet. Technologically, what’s inside the RSP-1069 makes it ideally suited to deliver all of the performance even the most demanding multichannel installation demands.

The RSP-1069 features the Aureus™ audio-DSP engine from Texas Instruments, one of the most powerful and sophisticated on the market. This gives the RSP-1069 a superb foundation for its state-of-the-art multichannel audio palette, which includes the full menu of Dolby Digital/EX, Pro Logic II/x, and DTS/ES-Discrete and Neo:6 modes. This sophisticated start is leveraged fully by the RSP-1069’s use of 24-bit/192 kHz digital-to-analog converters (from industry leader Burr Brown) on all channels, as well as Rotel’s strict adherence to its “Balanced Design Concept,” which lavishes equal care on component-selection and circuit design of each critical section, including digital, video, analog-audio, and power-supply designs.

On the video side, Rotel has selected the proven, impeccable-performing Faroudja DCDi™ video processor to provide upscaling of incoming video sources (analog or digital) up to 1080p (or 1080i or 720p, if preferred), with impressive freedom from artifacts and unsurpassed preservation of original video quality. With no less than four HDMI inputs and three HD/1080i-capable component paths on tap, the Rotel design offers plenty of input/output flexibility for even elaborate home theater installations.

Just as important to many customers, the RSP-1069 provides ample automation options. Three independently assignable 12-volt triggers, and fully duplex (“two-way”) RS-232 serial-port control enable integration with controllers such as Rotel’s RKP range of in-wall keypad controllers, or with custom touchscreen or other media-control systems. What’s more, the Rotel’s three additional zones of stereo audio-plus-video, each with individual source-selection and volume control, allow the RSP-1069 to serve as the command center of a flexible multiroom system, to which Rotel’s new line of ultra-compact, high-power Class D multichannel amplifiers present the perfect complement.

The Rotel RSP-1069 Surround Processor/Preamplifier is meticulously assembled and available in Black Matte or black and Silver cabinets.

Availability: Third Quarter 2007
Suggested Retail Price: $2,199.00

jdc115 10-22-2007 08:01 PM

Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP
 
Has anything changed on this product? It use to be on the Rotel site but now has been removed. I searched for it and came out with a link but it goes to a blank page now:

http://www.rotel.com/NA/Products/Pro...ils.htm?Id=459




Quote:

Originally Posted by NicollPr (Post 2569)
International audio-video manufacturer Rotel Electronics, has been known worldwide for more than four decades for their unique high-end audio and home theater components. The latest example to be unveiled at the 2007 CEDIA Show in Denver, Colorado, is the new RSP-1069 surround processor-preamplifier equipped with the latest generation of digital signal processing and reference-grade audio and video components. The RSP-1069 is the ideal centerpiece for a sophisticated system for state-of-the-art audiophile music reproduction and superb home theater impact.

“Rotel’s commitment to delivering reference performance at rational prices is as strong as ever,” says Rotel America’s V.P. & General Manager, Mike Bartlett, “And the new RSP-1069 is as powerful an example as we have ever offered. Its straightforward design, uncomplicated user interface, and handsome industrial design complement world-class performance on both audio and video planes, a fact that serious music lovers and home-theater fans are sure to appreciate.”

With its simple, uncluttered front panel testifying to an easy user interface, the RSP-1069 is at home atop the most advanced system-stacks, whether concealed in a custom-built equipment closet or in a place of pride atop a rack or cabinet. Technologically, what’s inside the RSP-1069 makes it ideally suited to deliver all of the performance even the most demanding multichannel installation demands.

The RSP-1069 features the Aureus™ audio-DSP engine from Texas Instruments, one of the most powerful and sophisticated on the market. This gives the RSP-1069 a superb foundation for its state-of-the-art multichannel audio palette, which includes the full menu of Dolby Digital/EX, Pro Logic II/x, and DTS/ES-Discrete and Neo:6 modes. This sophisticated start is leveraged fully by the RSP-1069’s use of 24-bit/192 kHz digital-to-analog converters (from industry leader Burr Brown) on all channels, as well as Rotel’s strict adherence to its “Balanced Design Concept,” which lavishes equal care on component-selection and circuit design of each critical section, including digital, video, analog-audio, and power-supply designs.

On the video side, Rotel has selected the proven, impeccable-performing Faroudja DCDi™ video processor to provide upscaling of incoming video sources (analog or digital) up to 1080p (or 1080i or 720p, if preferred), with impressive freedom from artifacts and unsurpassed preservation of original video quality. With no less than four HDMI inputs and three HD/1080i-capable component paths on tap, the Rotel design offers plenty of input/output flexibility for even elaborate home theater installations.

Just as important to many customers, the RSP-1069 provides ample automation options. Three independently assignable 12-volt triggers, and fully duplex (“two-way”) RS-232 serial-port control enable integration with controllers such as Rotel’s RKP range of in-wall keypad controllers, or with custom touchscreen or other media-control systems. What’s more, the Rotel’s three additional zones of stereo audio-plus-video, each with individual source-selection and volume control, allow the RSP-1069 to serve as the command center of a flexible multiroom system, to which Rotel’s new line of ultra-compact, high-power Class D multichannel amplifiers present the perfect complement.

The Rotel RSP-1069 Surround Processor/Preamplifier is meticulously assembled and available in Black Matte or black and Silver cabinets.

Availability: Third Quarter 2007
Suggested Retail Price: $2,199.00


BIKER 10-23-2007 09:20 AM

Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP
 
Haven't called, but noted the disappearance of both their new receiver and preamplifier... alot of online forums c/o about the lack of HDMI 1.3 and no uptodate DOLBY features..

That's why I'll probably go w/ the new NAD T175 and it is apparently upgradeable via hardware and software for new DOLBY features

BIKER

jdc115 10-23-2007 03:05 PM

Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIKER (Post 4731)
Haven't called, but noted the disappearance of both their new receiver and preamplifier... alot of online forums c/o about the lack of HDMI 1.3 and no uptodate DOLBY features..

That's why I'll probably go w/ the new NAD T175 and it is apparently upgradeable via hardware and software for new DOLBY features

BIKER

I had pretty much decided the same thing. It would be great if they decided to recall it and re-release it with HDMI 1.3 but I don't think I would want to wait for that long.

BIKER 10-24-2007 05:46 AM

Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP
 
NOW showing up on the webpage again...

of note, HDMI 1.1 no mention of newer DOLBY HD potential or upgrade path

jdc115 10-24-2007 06:51 AM

Re: ROTEL DEBUTS NEW SURROUND PROCESSOR/PREAMP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIKER (Post 4781)
NOW showing up on the webpage again...

of note, HDMI 1.1 no mention of newer DOLBY HD potential or upgrade path

yes, it looks like just a mistake in the web page that is disappeared. So no chance in the product. I will check out the NAD T175 when it is released next month (hopefully).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.


© 1996-2008 AVRev.com | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1