Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 02-03-2010   #79

Default Re: High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
You sir go beyond pathetic! This is child like and you should be ashamed of yourself for even trying such a stunt. This shows you exactly how high end audio behaves and acts, what a joke.
Look who's talking, Mr. No life troll.
Daniel-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #80
Banned

Default Re: High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?

How am I a troll? If you can provide some evidence to back up the claims of sound quality then please post them since it would change my mind.
Steve Bruzonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #81
Banned

Someone else posted this up and I agree with him.

"I think know the legal term for that." That part made me laugh.

I hate to say it but online forum names can be used by anyone. How many members of various forums have a name based on Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Obama, etc.? There are tons. Yes, it sucks that a person would try to impersonate someone else in a set of online forums but the name they choose is theirs so long as it doesn't go against forum policies. Now, there is an issue if someone is always banned and keeps coming back. A forum troll like that needs to be permanently banned. However, I don't see problems with people that have user names that are similar to celebrities. For example, my user name is kornchild2002. Do you think Korn has ever threatened to come after me simply because they think I am speaking for the band? I understand Steve's frustration but this is something that the forum mods/admins over there need to take care of. Who is to say what user names can be used online? What about e-mail addresses? Once we start getting rid of one user name simply because someone else doesn't like it, what is to stop others from stepping in and demanding that more user names be changed/deleted simply because the names are familiar with their own or with something they are familiar with?
Steve Bruzonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
So people are still sticking with subjective listening, if you want to do that why not start doing blind or double blind tests to see if the differences are still there?
I finally feel like saying, guys this is a user forum, on the internet, where you can't meet the conversationalists, much less get two in a room together. What else would a such forum question result in but personal opinions and minimally-scientific analysis? The people who read these posts are music-lovers, not audiologist-engineers. Like every other review system online -- like Amazon.com and epinions.com -- you have to weigh the fawning and the skeptic together and get a consensus opinion on a given subject. We beat this dead horse every week with someone insisting on double-blind experiments (even though I completely agree with you most of the time in that differences in many audio components are more placebo than real).

Readers, give us your opinions, and try to name actual hardware that you compare, so we can have some idea of what you think about given discussions. We are adult enough to sort it all out and come to a conclusion.

-
GrtGrfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #83

All the game of Power supplies will probably include better components. That's make a difference.
Old 02-12-2010   #84

I know how difficult it is to directly compare hardware. Very few stores have much of a set up for comparisons any more.
In the old days, I was able to compare cartridges fairly well, and even some speakers, and a few receivers, in a good audio/video specialty store where I worked. We didn't even try double blind tests. Its true that tastes vary. And ears do vary, too. But rather than looking for "warmth", for example, to color all music, I look for neutrality, in a vain effort to allow the system to let the music through with minimal coloration. I do take exception at the cable purveyors seeking extreme profits by preying on subjectivity though hype and the power of suggestion, and this is why I made the dare to try real double blind tests. Then, with the results, use the considerable money saved to put it where it gets by far the most results - going up a grade or so in speakers.
DaveLadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
arcam, brands, classe, differences, end, hardware, high, higher, list, low, mexico, processors, processorsreceivers, ssp800, subwoofer