Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 03-24-2008   #49

Thumbs up Re: New high-end Denon processors

Z Man,

That was a heck of a review you just did on the Denon. I have to be careful asking you another question. LOL!! You wrote this review, like you were Andrew Robinson!!!

Well, I think you just helped out Denon`s profits for the end of this first quarter of the year. It definitely sounds like the Denon is a winner.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #50

Default Re: New high-end Denon processors

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Z Man,

That was a heck of a review you just did on the Denon. I have to be careful asking you another question. LOL!! You wrote this review, like you were Andrew Robinson!!!

Well, I think you just helped out Denon`s profits for the end of this first quarter of the year. It definitely sounds like the Denon is a winner.
Wow, that was quite the compliment. Thanks.

About the only things I have not delved into that deeply yet is the Audyssey MultEQ XT, and the Wi-Fi and Ethernet audio streaming capabilities. Once I get a bit more time I will report back on my findings.

Yeah I probably did help out Denon a bit. But It's well deserved as their new preamp is definitely a winner.

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008   #51

That is cool, Seth.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #52

I just gave my CC# for this pre/pro, five were in stock so I should have it before too long. I can't wait to get all those new codecs in my main rig!!!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I just gave my CC# for this pre/pro, five were in stock so I should have it before too long. I can't wait to get all those new codecs in my main rig!!!!!
Very cool. Looking forward to your impressions of it.
Old 03-30-2008   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
When you think about it's actually not that expensive. However, it will be interesting to see when Anthem and Krell (S-1000) upgrade their processors to HDMI 1.3 how these will compare to the Denon. Krell has better pedigree but it just seem that the Denon is just a beast of a processor.
You're right, for everything that the Denon does, and it being a fully balanced design, $7,000 in the world of high end audio is a bargain. It's interesting, but I'm seeing many current Krell, Anthem, Lexicon, Meridian, Halcro, and Theta owners, ditching their processors and going with this new Denon. That says something as these people settle for nothing but the best for their HT's.

Seth
Sponsored Links

Tags
192, 24bit, audio, avpa1hd, avpa1hdci, classe, competitor, denon, end, hdmi, high, khz, latest, lexicon, nuforce, processors, upscaler