Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 04-07-2008   #73

Default Re: New high-end Denon processors

Can't wait for your review KennyT. Especially let us know about any HDMI issues. Incidently, I Just read a review on the JVC HD-1000 projector and the reviewer just could not get DTC9.8 HDMI connection working properly with that particular projector.
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #74

I have found HDMI to be very situationally dependent. What works well for some things just doesn't work at all in other situations with different gear. This has been improving as time goes on and now that the HDMI standard is out, but I doubt it is perfect yet....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Sorry to say I have not had a DTC 9.8 yet, Andrew got one, I wasn't able to find one locally and Integra doesn't allow on line sales, this was part of why I bought the Denon.
Sorry about that kenny. I thought for sure yours had arrived. Well, like the rest of us, I`ll be waiting to see if you confirm what Z MAN has already said about the Denon.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #76

Well, I was home this weekend for my 'conjugal visit' from my temp job, the Denon was all boxed up in my office and I knew I wouldn't have the time it merited to connect and play with so I left it in the sealed box.

It was really hard not to open it and at least peak at it, but I have seen it in person already and read the manual, so I figured I'll wait until I am home for good (likely a month) to tear into it.

Even knowing this, it was tough not to open the new toy!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #77

Kennyt, it's tough for us to hear about this. Hope to hear from your experience soon!
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, I was home this weekend for my 'conjugal visit' from my temp job, the Denon was all boxed up in my office and I knew I wouldn't have the time it merited to connect and play with so I left it in the sealed box.

It was really hard not to open it and at least peak at it, but I have seen it in person already and read the manual, so I figured I'll wait until I am home for good (likely a month) to tear into it.

Even knowing this, it was tough not to open the new toy!
I'll bet it was very tough not opening the box. Even though it will be a while before you do get the time to actually use the AVP, I am looking forward to when you do.

Thanks for the update.

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
192, 24bit, audio, avpa1hd, avpa1hdci, classe, competitor, denon, end, hdmi, high, khz, latest, lexicon, nuforce, processors, upscaler