Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 03-30-2008   #55

Default Re: New high-end Denon processors

Well, the Denon isn't the best bargain, I think that will have to stay with the Integra DTC 9.8 for $1,600 retail, which BTW does everything the Denon does, so much so I'm almost worried, but given this is Denon's foray back into high end, I suspect they pulled out the stops and I will fortunately know soon when mine arrives!

I will keep you posted, and I believe it will be a feature review soon!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #56

kenny,

I`m definitely looking forward to what you think of the Denon. Especially since you are in the position to compare it with your Levinson. This is good stuff.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #57

In searching for a high-end processor, the Denon looks great in regard to its capabilities and specs. User comments have been very positive -- and some magazine reviews (for what they are worth) will be welcome.

I am wondering if anyone has compared the Denon pre/pro with the pre/pro in the new Pioneer Elite SC-09TX receiver -- while I have zero interest in its amps, the pre/pro (which is wired separately from the amps) seems to also be very capable.

The SC-09TX is due out in a few days -- it will be interesting to get some comparisons from users.

An observation -- Denon could have left off a bunch of legacy connections -- doubt if there is a need for a dozen S-video connections, for eg.

MikeSp

Last edited by MikeSp; 03-31-2008 at 08:01 PM..
MikeSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, the Denon isn't the best bargain, I think that will have to stay with the Integra DTC 9.8 for $1,600 retail, which BTW does everything the Denon does, so much so I'm almost worried, but given this is Denon's foray back into high end, I suspect they pulled out the stops and I will fortunately know soon when mine arrives!

I will keep you posted, and I believe it will be a feature review soon!
Will be great to see a feature review on it. Yes the Denon is quite a bit more than the Integra. So what goodies differentiate the Integra DTC 9.8 from the Denon AVP-A1HDCI? Well let's see. First the Denon is a fully balanced dual differential preamp with 4 DAC's per channel, it's highly unlikely that the Integra is a fully balanced design. Also the Denon will will accept streamed music via Ethernet and Wi-Fi, the Integra doesn't. The Denon has HQV Realta video processing, and HDCD decoding. The Denon offers A/D conversion on its EXT IN., and offers much more connectivity options, like 6 HDMI ins, 12 balanced XLR pre-outs, and 3 balanced XLR subwoofer pre-outs.

I know that the Integra is a whole lotta preamp for $1600, but the Denon was geared to compete with the major players in the higher end realm of things. And now after using it for many weeks, I can easily say that it will go head to head with the best of them.

I am really looking forward to when you get your Denon AVP and put it through its paces.

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSp View Post
In searching for a high-end processor, the Denon looks great in regard to its capabilities and specs. User comments have been very positive -- and some magazine reviews (for what they are worth) will be welcome.

I am wondering if anyone has compared the Denon pre/pro with the pre/pro in the new Pioneer Elite SC-09TX receiver -- while I have zero interest in its amps, the pre/pro (which is wired separately from the amps) seems to also be very capable.

The SC-09TX is due out in a few days -- it will be interesting to get some comparisons from users.

An observation -- Denon could have left off a bunch of legacy connections -- doubt if there is a need for a dozen S-video connections, for eg.

MikeSp
Yes it will be very interesting to see how the new Pioneer does compared to the Denon. Soon people will actually have the Pioneer unit and will get to share their thoughts.

And now that the Denon AVP is finally available on a wider scale, I'm sure we will start to see some pro reviews in various magazines.

Seth
Old 04-02-2008   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
kenny,

I`m definitely looking forward to what you think of the Denon. Especially since you are in the position to compare it with your Levinson. This is good stuff.
Yes definitely looking forward to this as well.
Sponsored Links

Tags
192, 24bit, audio, avpa1hd, avpa1hdci, classe, competitor, denon, end, hdmi, high, khz, latest, lexicon, nuforce, processors, upscaler