Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 09-22-2008   #7

Default Re: anthem D2 V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Butch,

I can't and won't comment on the Marantz 8003 as I've never heard it..
KT
Fair enough
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #8

Does anyone happen to know if the V2 upgrade will have an i400 connection for M/C Digital audio to pass?
sashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashua View Post
Does anyone happen to know if the V2 upgrade will have an i400 connection for M/C Digital audio to pass?
What are you referring to here with the i400 connection???
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #10

Sorry, I'm talking about I-Link (audio S400). The Esoteric UZ-1 that I am considering does digital multichannel only through this I-Link connector (no analog 6 ch. outputs).

I have the Anthem Statement D1 and could upgrade to D2 V2 when available but wanted to know if this upgrade would give the D1 an I-Link connector. If not, then I may sell it and look for a pre/pro of high quality that does have one. In that case I'd love to know what's out there but don't know how to start looking.

Hope this clears up my question a bit, I am not entirely sure that I-Link for digital multi-channel is a stable and superior choice going forward but I wanted to avoid the analog outs this time around if at all possible and practical.

Any advice?
Thanks,
Russ

Last edited by sashua; 09-24-2008 at 11:02 AM..
Old 09-24-2008   #11

That looks to be a firewire connection, which can do what you say, but why would you want a great player like the Esoteric (I own one of theirs myself) and use it only as a transport? It will be really tough to find a pre/pro with better sounding DAC's, and none of those I am aware of offer firewire. This is something I see on mid-fi pieces, I think the Denon AVP has this, but I wouldn't use it's DAC's over the Esoterics!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #12

Good point but I would still need to get the multi-channel out of the UZ-1 and it only offers the I-Link for that. I just assumed that all the D/A was done aboard the UZ-1 and then transmitted by I-Link to the receiver to stream through. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the technology.

My goal is to have the best sounding multi-channel audio at any price point. I have an Anthem Statement D1 and a Denon 3900. Very mediocre combination in my opinion. I am looking to make a big step up and am considering either the Meridian combo or Esoteric with ??
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, anthem, anthemd2v2, audio, cost, d1, d2, d2v2, price, review, reviews, statement, upgrade, v2, version