Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Preamps (Audio & Video) (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video-8/)
-   -   Integra DTC 9.9 (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video/2288-integra-dtc-9-9-a.html)

wes 07-31-2008 03:58 PM

Integra DTC 9.9
 
I was wondering if any one had specs and release dates!

fitzcaraldo215 08-04-2008 04:51 PM

Re: Integra DTC 9.9
 
You can plough through the last few pages of Sound & Vision's forum, The "Official DTC 9.8 Forum" for scanty info. As I recall, it's not a major redesign. It's a 9.8 with just a few added features. Upgraded THX, etc. But, no external hardware changes, like HDMI ins or outs. Still 4 and 2, respectively. When due? Who knows. Later this year, possibly. Also google Integra DTC 9.9. There is an English-language Japanese market press release.

BTW, I upgraded to Audyssey Pro inside the 9.8 from standard MultEQ XT. WOW!!! Now, that's an upgrade, but in terms of delicacy, realism and a greater see-through quality. Remember, I am primarily a classical music listener, so this is important.

The 9.9 might have Audyssey Dynamic Volume, which the 9.8 lacks. That might be a good feature to have.

wes 08-05-2008 08:10 AM

Re: Integra DTC 9.9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 (Post 16906)
BTW, I upgraded to Audyssey Pro inside the 9.8 from standard MultEQ XT. WOW!!! Now, that's an upgrade, but in terms of delicacy, realism and a greater see-through quality. Remember, I am primarily a classical music listener, so this is important.

The 9.9 might have Audyssey Dynamic Volume, which the 9.8 lacks. That might be a good feature to have.

A number of Audiophile believe that Automatic EQ alters the sound and therefore should be avoided at all cost. Tell me since you listen to a lot of classical music and so do I what do you find are the benefits of the Audyssey Pro!

Also what king of speakers and amplifier do you use?

Also how do you upgrade to the Audyssey Pro?

fitzcaraldo215 08-06-2008 05:36 PM

Re: Integra DTC 9.9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 16914)
A number of Audiophile believe that Automatic EQ alters the sound and therefore should be avoided at all cost. Tell me since you listen to a lot of classical music and so do I what do you find are the benefits of the Audyssey Pro!

Also what king of speakers and amplifier do you use?

Also how do you upgrade to the Audyssey Pro?

Wes, I think I have already answered most of your questions elsewhere in this forum via direct responses to you. Most of the facts of my system were not in a response to you, but they are at:

http://www.avrevforum.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=34

Audiophiles are entitled to believe whatever they want. But, have these people actually listened to it properly calibrated? The fact is that Audyssey EQ does alter the sound. That's what it's supposed to do. But it has little else in common with old style EQ, that traded frequency equalization for unwanted side efects. I think they think that Audyssey is just another EQ like they used to be. As I have tried to explain elsewhere, it is totally different. I do not hear any negative side effects from Audyssey EQ. All I hear is improvement - a lot of it. Anybody who listens to a properly calibrated Audyssey EQ'ed system can turn if off, turn it on and decide which sounds better. If they decide it sounds better without the EQ, it is their loss, in my opinion. But, that's their right. Offhand, I do not know of anyone who has not preferred Audyssey after actually listening. If they do not prefer it, they must prefer peakier frequency response and more uneven time-domain response. The AVS Official Audyssey Forum provides a lot of case studies in converting adamant complainers and non-believers to fans like me. Spend some time looking through the threads yourself.

wes 08-06-2008 07:50 PM

Re: Integra DTC 9.9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 (Post 16937)
Audiophiles are entitled to believe whatever they want. But, have these people actually listened to it properly calibrated? The fact is that Audyssey EQ does alter the sound. That's what it's supposed to do. But it has little else in common with old style EQ, that traded frequency equalization for unwanted side efects. I think they think that Audyssey is just another EQ like they used to be.


I called Audyssey and the recommended the Integra DTC 9.9 and upgrading to the Audyssey pro version I am going to do just that and see what it sounds like :) so then I will be able to speak of experience.

fitzcaraldo215 08-07-2008 11:23 AM

Re: Integra DTC 9.9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 16947)
I called Audyssey and the recommended the Integra DTC 9.9 and upgrading to the Audyssey pro version I am going to do just that and see what it sounds like :) so then I will be able to speak of experience.

You will not regret it for a moment.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 AM.


1996-2008 AVRev.com | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1