Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 07-10-2008   #7

Default Re: Mark Levinson Launches the No502 Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
Wonder when HDMI 1.3 upgrade will come out and how much would that cost?
THEY CAN'T !!!
The 502 will always be a HDMI 1.1
thierry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
HDMI 1.3 for this is the sticking point.

Their argument is - make the player do it as ALL of the chipsets convert to PCM inside anyway.

My argument is - tell the people that somehow for $35,000 they don't get the LATEST technology (the Nigel Tufnel effect) and see how upset they get.

With that said - I still want one
OOOPS, there it is Jerry!! That has always been my issue. As you and kenny know. I`m sure the sound and switching and processing are superb. But to not have the full complement of codecs, like the Denon or the Integra, makes no sense at all. There is no justifying this.

Makes absolutely no sense. $35,000, and compromises have to be made.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #9

The problem is that if you buy it now you will be faced with the prospect that in about 1 year or less they will have a HDMI 1.3 version which you may or may not be able to upgrade to for a whole bundle of $$$.
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #10

Still, I know this piece will just about blow everything else out of the water. But that pesky thing with the HDMI 1.3 -well, what is wrong with the whole industry. Can't they figure it out BEFORE it comes out? Or at least make updates available via direct download connection.

ML, what is the score here with the No. 502?

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kipnis Studios View Post
Still, I know this piece will just about blow everything else out of the water. But that pesky thing with the HDMI 1.3 -well, what is wrong with the whole industry. Can't they figure it out BEFORE it comes out? Or at least make updates available via direct download connection.?
Well said Jeremy,

I have had so many mid-fi units work flawlessly with HDMI 1.3, but I too am frustrated b the slow and erratic adoption of the technology. I certainly hope by CEDIA we have many high end companies with pre/pro's that do all the new codecs, I really WANT a Meridian 861, but I am starting to doubt that will be coming any time soon....

In the mean time, it is good to know ML and Krell are putting out new pre/pro's, even if the 502 only will process PCM, I suspect it's analog section is smokin' good!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
502, audio, center, console, consoles, levinson, mark, marklevinson, media, ml, n, no502, precio, review, sale