Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 06-30-2008   #1

Default Parasound 7100

I am considering getting a Parasound 7100 Pre/Pro. I am setting up a new system that will be an audio system that plays video rather than a video system that plays audio. I will likely be using the Parasound 5125 amp, both of which are on sale at Audio Advisor. They would be driving a pair of PSB Synchrony's. This is likely to remain a two channel system for a little while, perhaps grow to to center channel and a sub (depending on Synchrony base characteristics, and we are likely to put a second zone in for another room). It is not likely that I will be able to get the full 5 or 7 channel set up in this room. I will not be moving to BluRay for a while (let the prices and content settle down), I will add a 1080P monitor driven by a DVD and HD-DVR Dish Network (both of which I would connect through HDMI directly to the Monitor--probably a Sony Bravia KDL XBR4).

My questions are: How much am I limiting myself by getting slightly older equipment, rather than say the Integra, especially if I don't really care about HDMI switching in the pre/pro (I guess I should ask if I should care about that). Also, does anyone have info on how the Parasound's sound. PSB's sister company is NAD and they suggested that I look into that as well, but the NAD and the Inegra's both are very ugly looking (Wife Acceptance Factor).

Any opinions?

Phil
pconley2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2100, 5125, 7100, audio, classic, compare, halo, hdmi, jc2, nad, parasound, preamp, psb, sale, software