Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 05-01-2008   #1

Default ML 502 Media Console

Anyone has any details on this processor. HDMI 6 in and 2 out. However, supposedly only version 1.1. No details on DTS Master losseless decoding? Anyone has seen or heard of this component?
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #2

Default Re: ML 502 Media Console

Saw it @ CEDIA in a private room (it was actually guarded!) and then saw and heard it @ CES. I am not sure what version HDMI it is going to have, at CES it was supposed to be HDMI 1.2, but the news on the pre/pro now says 1.1.

Either way it won't decode any of the formats from bitstream, you will need the player to send MC PCM to it. It's a great looking unit, and actually cheaper than the No. 40. We @ AVRev.com are supposed to be getting one in for review soon so we'll let you know in detail soon what we think of it!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #3

You know what I am going to say, right kenny, why not have everything and the new codecs up to date. You wait long and patiently, and then whammo, still not fully there yet.

I really don`t understand. These companies will go to the end of the earth to supposedly build the best unit possible, then not equip it with the one thing you need, updated features.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #4

Well, to be fair, it will take MCPCM, but yes, I feel your pain.
Old 05-02-2008   #5

Red face Re: ML 502 Media Console

Its just unbelievable. Let us all trade in our Esoteric, high end gear, and buy receivers!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Its just unbelievable. Let us all trade in our Esoteric, high end gear, and buy receivers!!!
I've had moments of weakness when I considered that, given the performance of some of the best receivers, it is gradually becoming possible to ave really good sound from such a simple set up.

That said, I am way to much a gear head to sell all my stuff off and get a receiver....
Sponsored Links

Tags
800, 861, anthem, avpa1hdci, classe, compare, console, d2, denon, krell, lexicon, media, meridian, s1000, setting, ssp, tests