Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 05-19-2008   #43
wes

Default Re: ML 502 Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Exactly. And at prices like the ML 502, there is no room any longer for excuses.
How much does it cost $25K!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #44

I seem to remember $30K.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #45

Question Re: ML 502 Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
Anyone has any details on this processor. HDMI 6 in and 2 out. However, supposedly only version 1.1. No details on DTS Master losseless decoding? Anyone has seen or heard of this component?
May I say Anyone has got a 502 !!!!!!!!!!!!
thierry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #46

Things must get better. Companies like Integra, are making the big guns look silly.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierry B View Post
May I say Anyone has got a 502 !!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think it's shipped yet, but should very soon, may even be out.

Yep, they did go with HDMI 1.1, so to get the new codecs, you'll need a player that can pass them as LPCM.... This is part of the issue I see with this piece. We still haven'

t settled on HOW these new codecs will be sent to pre/pros and receivers. Many are going to bitstream, but some cling to PCM. If sometime down the road, it becomes bitstream, then you might find it hard to get a Blu-ray player to go with this piece. Sorry, just my inherent paranoia and uncertainty in this ever changing market...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Things must get better. Companies like Integra, are making the big guns look silly.
By that rationale, it doesn't matter if you have a world-class power supply, hand-picked parts, a chassis that is completely resonance-free and made of aluminum, and an engineering staff that is one of the best in the world and dedicated to true high-end performance....so long as you can decode TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio, eh?

I am not saying it would not be nice if all the high-end stuff could incorporate the latest features into their products....
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
800, 861, anthem, avpa1hdci, classe, compare, console, d2, denon, krell, lexicon, media, meridian, s1000, setting, ssp, tests