Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 07-30-2009   #91

Default Re: ML 502 Media Console

At the present time does anyone know officially when the SSP800 will be able to deliver the HD audio codecs. I called the local dealer in Toronto and the person tells me that it's been able to do that for the past several months (which didn't make any sense). I tried calling and emailing Classe but have not heard back yet.
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
At the present time does anyone know officially when the SSP800 will be able to deliver the HD audio codecs. I called the local dealer in Toronto and the person tells me that it's been able to do that for the past several months (which didn't make any sense). I tried calling and emailing Classe but have not heard back yet.
Late August, early September. If you have a blu-ray player that can decode the formats (most can) and send it out as LPCM over HDMI, then yes, the 800 can "do" the new formats. And if you want to use BD-Live, you have to. If your processor simply MUST be able to do the decoding itself, even though you then shut yourself out of all the interactive features by doing so, then your wait is only another month or so.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #93

Has anyone recently done a comparison of the Classe SSP800 with the new boards to say a Levinson 502 or Levinson 40? Is it better? Captain Stereo seems to be an advocate. I find the 502 hard to beat but would love impressions.
adidadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
800, 861, anthem, avpa1hdci, classe, compare, console, d2, denon, krell, lexicon, media, meridian, s1000, setting, ssp, tests