Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 08-31-2008   #73

Default Re: ML 502 Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
Gary, your answers help and make me feel better! I too am replacing a ML 40. I will be using the Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD blu ray.

Yes, ML and the dealer had found out what happened, they believe, and I was it when the unit was open. But I am not as technical as they are, so I hope I am clear enough. When you take off the “hood” toward the front, there are two ribbons that come up from the bottom and get attached to the top of the first circuit board. These ribbons are tight, meaning they are short. Apparently, in transit, they break off, not just come out, but break off. In following instructions from a tech person, the dealer actually held, tightly, the ribbons in place and the unit turns on.

I was told that new unit would be tested first, perhaps a longer ribbon put in and then sent to me. This will take three weeks.
That's quite a story. I guess I got lucky for once since I usually am the one to have problems with equipment (I had many with the 40). Good luck with the third 502. It should be worth the wait.
Gary16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #74

Gary, I have a question that maybe you know the answer to.

I cannot manually calibrate the speaker settings. That is I cannot set distances etc. In setting up the speakers in the 502, I go, as instructed to 5.2. It lists everything, as shown in the instruction book, but the Manual Calibration and the Auto Calibration are grayed out and the machine will not go to the those menus. What do I need to do? Do you know? Thanks!
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
Gary, I have a question that maybe you know the answer to.

I cannot manually calibrate the speaker settings. That is I cannot set distances etc. In setting up the speakers in the 502, I go, as instructed to 5.2. It lists everything, as shown in the instruction book, but the Manual Calibration and the Auto Calibration are grayed out and the machine will not go to the those menus. What do I need to do? Do you know? Thanks!
I had the same issue and I think it may be a bug in the software. My dealer and I kept trying to get the calibration lines to light up with no luck. Then, for some strange reason, I made a change in the name and it came on. However, just tonight after I saw your question, I went to one of the other speaker setups that was still grayed out and could not get it to change. I would try rebooting the 502 (turn the power off for a few seconds and then on so that it "initializes") and see if that helps. If not, contact Levinson (and let me know what they tell you).
Gary16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #76

Hmmm... an HDMI 1.2 machine....problems with the units.
How much did this unit costs????
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
Hmmm... an HDMI 1.2 machine....problems with the units.
How much did this unit costs????
HDMI 1.1
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #78

At this price, there should be no issues. Give me an Anthem, and lets call it a day. Easy to operate, use, functional, and sounds great!! I`m not into tweaking, I want to enjoy my music.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
800, 861, anthem, avpa1hdci, classe, compare, console, d2, denon, krell, lexicon, media, meridian, s1000, setting, ssp, tests