Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 08-28-2008   #67

Default Re: ML 502 Media Console

I hate to mention this. I got the ML 502 two weeks ago and it would not turn on. The power switch worked, but the Standby never activated and the unit itself never turned on. Well, it took a while and they replaced it today, WITH THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!! It will not turn on.
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #68

Unhappy Re: ML 502 Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
I hate to mention this. I got the ML 502 two weeks ago and it would not turn on. The power switch worked, but the Standby never activated and the unit itself never turned on. Well, it took a while and they replaced it today, WITH THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!! It will not turn on.
Well, if it helps any, I've had mine for 2 months and it's worked perfectly. Sorry to hear about your problems.
Gary16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #69

Gary,
Thanks for the response. I was helpful. Would youu mind if I ask you a few questions? Do you have a Blu Ray player attached to your 502. if so how is the picture and most important, how is the sound? How many speakers do you have attached, I will have 6 plus a sub woofer. Thnaks!
Old 08-30-2008   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
Gary,
Thanks for the response. I was helpful. Would youu mind if I ask you a few questions? Do you have a Blu Ray player attached to your 502. if so how is the picture and most important, how is the sound? How many speakers do you have attached, I will have 6 plus a sub woofer. Thnaks!
Yes. I'm using the Denon 3800 Blu-ray. Picture and sound are excellent. I was able to stop using my DVDO processor. The one in the 502 is as good or better in many respects. I feel the sound is more detailed than the Levinson 40 which the 502 replaced. My system is 5.1 (all Martin-Logan speakers). Has Levinson given you any idea why you would have two 502's with the same problem?
Gary16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #71

Exclamation Watch out for continously new changes in Pre-amp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary16 View Post
Yes. I'm using the Denon 3800 Blu-ray. Picture and sound are excellent. I was able to stop using my DVDO processor. The one in the 502 is as good or better in many respects. I feel the sound is more detailed than the Levinson 40 which the 502 replaced. My system is 5.1 (all Martin-Logan speakers). Has Levinson given you any idea why you would have two 502's with the same problem?
Let me tell you, while HDMI standards are still in flux (particularly with HDMI 2.0 just coming to market), and an all ANALOG Pro/Pre seems such a frightening prospect, I would remind everyone that old, and analog multi-channel gear might just offer better fidelity!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #72

Gary, your answers help and make me feel better! I too am replacing a ML 40. I will be using the Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD blu ray.

Yes, ML and the dealer had found out what happened, they believe, and I was it when the unit was open. But I am not as technical as they are, so I hope I am clear enough. When you take off the “hood” toward the front, there are two ribbons that come up from the bottom and get attached to the top of the first circuit board. These ribbons are tight, meaning they are short. Apparently, in transit, they break off, not just come out, but break off. In following instructions from a tech person, the dealer actually held, tightly, the ribbons in place and the unit turns on.

I was told that new unit would be tested first, perhaps a longer ribbon put in and then sent to me. This will take three weeks.
Sponsored Links

Tags
800, 861, anthem, avpa1hdci, classe, compare, console, d2, denon, krell, lexicon, media, meridian, s1000, setting, ssp, tests