Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 04-15-2008   #13

Default Re: Krell Showcase 7.1 Processor

Yes kenny, how did you miss this??!! And this is the first I have ever heard of Emotiva being on public display for all to check out. You never see them at any hi-fi/home theater shows.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #14
wes

Interesting indeed
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #15

I have the Krell 7.1 HTS which is a step above the showcase. I bought mine brand new from a dealer for $3800 when it retailed for $8,000.00, about a year and a half ago. You can now buy them for $2700 from Paragon in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Just go to Audigon. That price includes a full manufacturers warranty.

I think there are other better processors for less money on the market today that do have HDMI. For some reason I have not heard a lot of good things about Krell processors. I have the Krell TAS amp and am pretty happy with that but the processor is very hard to program even by professionals, which i usually hire when having changes made.

I think at around the $2500 range it is a marginally ok buy, but it may continue to drop in value and if it does its not going to be a good investment.
mpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #16

I too stay away from ebay. Too much junk being sold by con men. And if you complain about them they retaliate by giving you a bad rating as well.
mpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #17

Did I hear right? A processor that's very hard to program, even for professionals" For the money U paid, the mfg. should make house calls
and set it up.
I think Krell is making big profits off people who just love to spend more money than they need to. Clearly this is an illustration of the Laws of Diminished Returns.
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #18

Ebay isn't so bad. I agree that you have to go with the "Buyer Beware" attitude. But if you're going to try to buy through Ebay ALWAYS look at the feedbacks of the seller and see what kind of history they have. If they have been selling high end, expensive equipment for a while and have almost 100% positive feedbacks, then you're probably going to be safe. Also, a legitimate Ebay seller will usually accept Paypal. If they happen to be close enough for you to drive, shoot an email to the seller and ask to audition. Stay away from sellers that are new, in foreign countries, deal only in cash/money orders/cashiers checks/western union, and have low ratings.
Last year I got an Arcam AVP-700 (it has HDMI) for $900 from a seller in the midwest, and a Sunfire TGP-5 for $1800 from a local dealer who had it hooked up in his house, so I was able to demo before buying. Actually, I offered him cash on the spot which was much better for him. He cancels the auction for whatever reason, then he doesn't have to pay Ebay fees, Paypal fees, or dealing with packing and shipping. I get a great deal, with warranty.
Sorry this is long winded, but you can do well on Ebay. Just be cautious.
John Paul Ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
71, audiovideo, av, channel, ebay, hdmi, krell, preamp, preamps, processor, processors, showcase, software, upgrade, version