Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 06-14-2008   #19

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
You make a very good point and that is why I decided to wait until HDMi 1.3 was out and will wait until the processors support all the new Codec including DD Tru HD and DTS-Master Audio. My Integra Research has done a great job over the past seven years so I don't mind spending the money again and hope that the new unit will last taht long.

With format like DD Tru HD and DTS-MA they should last a while, uncompressed audio is very hard to beat and I don't see any improvements after that! Unless they start using higher bit rate but even then it might be purely mathematical exercices.

On the video side as well 1080p is sufficient and should last another 7 to 10 years before we see 4000p available in the consumer market any time soon.
I agree to some degree....

In as long as I have been a HT fanatic, the pre/pro has consistently been the biggest value loser in audio......

I currently own the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, and right now I can not see how that thing will become outdated any time soon, but who knows???
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I currently own the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, and right now I can not see how that thing will become outdated any time soon, but who knows???
You're right, with all the forward thinking Denon put into the AVP, it doesn't seem likely to become outdated anytime soon. Some people are thinking why Denon opted to add so much to this preamp. For me I'm happy that they did, as even though I may not need a certain feature or function now, but if at some point I do I'm happy it has it.
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #21

While I love all the features and find with the new audio codecs it sounds simply AMAZING, I wish the Denon did music better, it lacks the weight and separation I find in other AV preamps at this price point.
Old 06-15-2008   #22

Quote:
While I love all the features and find with the new audio codecs it sounds simply AMAZING, I wish the Denon did music better, it lacks the weight and separation I find in other AV preamps at this price point.
Hmm, that's quite interesting. During the first week I found the sound with 2 channel a bit restrained and not quite as open, but after 2 weeks of use things really opened up. The soundstage got wider and deeper, and dynamics improved considerably. I now am finding detail in music that I never heard with my Sunfire TGIII. 2 Channel music, Multi-Channel Music, and movie soundtracks all sound amazing in my room.

Maybe it's just a good synergy between the associated gear and speakers I use with the AVP. I know I'm very happy.

Seth

Last edited by Z Man; 06-15-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #23

Mines been in use for a month now and it still isn't as good as say the Anthem D2 and definitely not as good as the Meridian 861, but that costs WAY more.
Old 06-17-2008   #24
wes

Cool Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

Quote:
That is interesting, I am looking forward to hear the Classé SSP-800 with Music as this is my primary interest of course I love movies as well and will wait until they upgrade it so it decodes the latest Codec.

Also how do you find the Audyssey does it work well?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audyssey, cost, doesnt, fortune, good, hdmi, pav, pdsd, pre, preamp, prepro, prepros, pro, proceed, sound, trinnov