Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 01-28-2009   #157

Default Re: High end pre/pro's. Are they worth it???

I think this question is answered more by what do you expect musically. I would agree with the previous bloggers that the up to date longevity of video processors is limited. The same could be said for Blue-ray with Sony sitting on the new codec's.I would also agree for the most part the Intergra or Denon processors are the best overall value for video. I also give Sim Audio credit for using and Advancing the Denon platform in their newest piece,. I think they have the most stable of the highend platforms. I have heard the multi channel music demos at shows in Europe that pesented the best multi channel music todate. I have also heard Peter Mcgraphs's multi masters srtaight off DSD. These are wonderful recordings.But I have not heard a dvd or any compressed medium produce the 4d musical presentation of a great 2channel system.Most sytems where the client is an great music fan are better served with a great stereo preamp that accomodates a home theatre bypass. That coupled to a great amp , coupled of world class loudspeakers .With true isolation , cables and setup will create a sound that would haunt a music lover for life if he ever heard it Have you ever heard the John Harmond LP were his horn slide goes out and you heard him release the valve at the end of the slide .. the spit is heard sailling thru the air! What to do for video .. your right use the Denon or Intergra! Spend the money you save on the main 2ch systems perfections. Did I mention I always listen to musicials and movies with great soundtracks in stereo over the compressed options .
PTL The Dude
oldaudiodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #158

I have been using the top shelf Denon receivers for years as a Pre/Pro. Just got their latest one so I could have HDMI 1.3a along with their BD3800 BluRay player as my first step into that medium. Companies like Denon and Onkyo have come a long ways in the last 10 years. The difference between them and the Meridians, Halcros, Krells, ARs and CJs have gotten way smaller. I don't why more companies don't build "Blade" style boxes so they can be upgraded, connectors and all to meet the latest tech....darn it...how could I forget $$$$$$$$$$$!

Cheers!
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #159

I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work.

3d, Architectural, Arch, Exterior, Architect, Rendering, Animation, Custom, House, Plans, Buildings
Image Editing, Edit Pictures, Digital Photos, Picture Editing, Photo Edit, Photo Editor
Johnpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpeter View Post
I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work.

3d, Architectural, Arch, Exterior, Architect, Rendering, Animation, Custom, House, Plans, Buildings
Image Editing, Edit Pictures, Digital Photos, Picture Editing, Photo Edit, Photo Editor
And you sir, are clearly a brilliant observer of good advice when you see it, and I thank you for noticing. I trust you frequent your local high end audio video retailer for reliable sound advice, pardon the pun, and for real information about how to create a system that truly meets your needs and not do something as silly as thinking forums like this are a substitute for real auditioning and availing yourself of good advice. I thank you again.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #161

This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed. Keep up the good work
Old 08-24-2011   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpeter View Post
This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed. Keep up the good work
I am glad you are never being disappointed. I shall aspire to always offer up what I feel are useful bits of advice and information for astute readers like yourself.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audyssey, cost, doesnt, fortune, good, hdmi, pav, pdsd, pre, preamp, prepro, prepros, pro, proceed, sound, trinnov