Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 07-03-2007   #13

Default Re: Anthem D2 or Arcam AV9?

I did just pull the trigger on the D2. A big reason being the video performance, but there is no harm in the audio improvements as well.

Guess I am on another upgrade path where I will swap out my AVM20 for the D2, then my Reference Speakers for Statements and then finally my MCA's for Statement Amps as well.

I am rather lucky in that the dealer I have been going to (and refered a few people to as well) also takes back used equipment for resale in order to help along the upgrade path.

In the end I am getting the D2 for around 5.5k CDN along with my AVM20 trade in. Not bad considering a few calls came up with around 7,800 CDN beng the best I could find otherwise and an offer to try and sell my AVM20 for around 1k lol.

Cheers,

Richard
Hogback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #14

Richard,

You clearly havbe the audio bug, and a solid plan for future upgrades. I have a D2, it's an amazing processor that offers flexibility second to few others and yes, the video performance is exceptional as well.

Enjoy the new gear, and the future purchases!

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #15

Does the D2 have the new HDMI 1.3b spec in it?
leisuresuitlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #16

I am unsure if the D2 carries certification for 1.3b, since this is an extremely new format, very few items do.

More intereresting is the rumor that room correction is coming to the D2 soon!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisuresuitlarry View Post
Does the D2 have the new HDMI 1.3b spec in it?
No. It uses HDMI 1.1. IMHO there is little to gain with version 1.3 at this point in time. That may change with the new HD players that are scheduled to be released in the next several weeks/months.
mitch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #18

I am currently going back and forth between an AVM50 and a D2. I currently have an AVM 20 so I can upgrade to an AVM50 for about $2500. Alternatively I could trade my AVM 20 in on a D2 (a dealer has offered me $2000 for the trade) leaving a cost of about $5500 (all in CAD$) for the D2. I am having a really hard time justifying the D2. My system is purely for movies (I have a separate two channel system in another room) so my sources are all compressed (at least until the HD DVD/Blu-Ray players start becoming more mainstream) and I am really not sure I would be able to hear the difference. The video sections between the two are identical so I don't expect any difference there. I also think that having an image playing at the same time distracts you enough that the sound difference would be hard to hear. I think I would feel differently if I used the system for pure music listening. Just so people know where I am coming from I have a complete Paradigm Signature system (S4, C5, Sig ADP and dual Servo 15's) and Blue Circle power amps.
djeickme75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 50, anthem, arcam, av9, avm, d2, forum, halcro, lossless, price, pricing, ssp, trigger, video