Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 02-15-2008   #1

Default Don't be fooled by inside the chasis shots of AV preamps

There is a guy who has come to the forum recently who is fond of showing the inside of AV preamps and saying that consumers are getting ripped off by investing in the high end brands and that they are ALL THE SAME.

First of all - his disrespectful actions will have him banned as of this morning.

Secondly, allow me to set the record right. There are only a few companies who make AV preamps. Traditional audiophile companies do not and should not be expected to have the internal resources to create and produce the EVER changing needs of a top of the line AV preamp. The companies who do are called OEMs. These companies sell comparable platforms to many different companies. Are they the SAME? Not even close. The AV companies make up their wishlist of features and specs and the OEM is paid to design such a product. This means different software, firmware, analog parts, inputs, outputs and more. YES - they can be a comparable chassis or processing engine but to suggest they are the same is a FOOL's argument.

I thought it was important to clear this up.

Sincerely,

Jerry
Old 02-15-2008   #2

Default Re: Don't be fooled by inside the chasis shots of AV preamps

He did have some good shots of the inside of different boxes which always peeks my interest.

To make an analogy, it is fallacy to think just because a ferrari and porsche share some common components of other cars, all people that buy ferrari and porsche are fools for spending too much money on them when a Hyundai will also get you from point A to point B.

It is sad that he never really understood what we were trying to tell him. . . I bet he drives a Hyundai.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
It is sad that he never really understood what we were trying to tell him. . . I bet he drives a Hyundai.
..with 20" chrome rims and an annoying loud muffler and ground effects!!!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #4

We can post pics of amplifiers and I bet we will find lots of transistors, resistors, caps and a big toroidal transformer... the logical conclusion is that they too are made from the same manufacturer.

I have no problem with a little bit of conspiracy theories - but the processor pics are starting to get tiresome.

If I were a moderator I might have brought out the ban stick about two weeks ago!

Last edited by Silver Supra; 02-25-2008 at 09:48 AM..
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #5

Ironic Jim as it happened a week ago!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Ironic Jim as it happened a week ago!

I said 2 weeks Ken... learn how to read pal!!
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, av, chasis, companes, companies, good, inside, make, pics, preamp, preamps, sound