Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 02-08-2008   #1

Thumbs up KRELL at Sound by Singer

The name Krell only, sparks and gets your attention. Last night, I had the great opportunity to be in the presence of one of the most reknowned men of high end audio, Dan D`Agostino, Chief Engineer and Designer of Krell. The man`s knowledge of not only his product line, but the state of audio in general, is unrivaled. Present was his line of Evolution amplifiers, preamps, cd player and speakers. The big news was the introduction of the Krell 707 preamp/processor. Yes, for both 2 channel and home theater use. Dan, as he stated, really a 2 channel man at heart, decided to build a preamp/processor like his state of the art preamplifier. HDMI 1.3, support for Dolby and DTS HD, true 1080p, nothing has been sacrificed or left out. Current asking price: $40,000.

Then there was the KID (Krell Interface Dock) at $1500.00. Taping from the Wolfson DACs from the i-pod, and then building a class A device in Krell fashion, with other improvements, when listening to lossless files, the sound was impressive. As Dan stated, looking hopefully to tap into the 125 million people who have bought i-pods, as usual, Mr. D`Agostino is right on the forefront of what is going on.

Then, there were the Modulaire Two speaker system. Don`t let the size fool you. Room filling sound with clear and articulate bass when the program material called for it, clarity and detail for days, vocals sounding, light, airy, and full.

Ohh, and buy the way, the Evolution Series now comes in black. With the blue leds and lights, the black looks very sexy.

Comments and thoughts?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #2

Default Re: KRELL at Sound by Singer

I though the Ev line always came in black, it's been on the website for a while though I've only seem them in Silver.

The Kid is pretty impressive, heard it at CEDIa with the papa dock and those little speakers, they put out a lot of sound for something so small. Sounds like a good night!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I though the Ev line always came in black, it's been on the website for a while though I've only seem them in Silver.

The Kid is pretty impressive, heard it at CEDIa with the papa dock and those little speakers, they put out a lot of sound for something so small. Sounds like a good night!
Yes, it was a very good night. Listening to Dan gone on about audio, his knowledge is vast. All the equipment was great. That new preamp/processor is a monster physically. And is ready to do everything. And those amplifiers, I don`t know if there is a rack that can hold them.

Did not get to listen to the Papa Dock though. Your impressions seem favorable.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #4

Is the evo 707 finally on the market? I know it keeps getting delayed. $40,000?!?!?!?! That's insane. That's 5 of my HTS 7.1's.
spearl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #5
Banned

Hard to find pictures of the krell processor.

http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/ces2...mage_015.shtml

Krell Home Theater Standard 2.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...or-3-2003.html

Krell Showcase.

http://shopping.sorishop.com/goods/27/items/g_5914.html

Krell HTS 7.1.

I did not think anyone took krell serious anymore.
Asahikasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asahikasei View Post
I did not think anyone took krell serious anymore.
Not only do people (me inclusive) take Krell seriously, I highly regard them and their gear! I have been waiting for the new pre/pro ad am glad it is announced.

Yes, $40K is extreme, but that is the market I like and want to live in!

If all goes well, I might own one soon......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
402, 707, 71, avs, avsforum, competitor, evolution, krell, krell707, nht33, processor, review, singer, sound, subwoofer