Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 02-28-2008   #19

Default Re: KRELL at Sound by Singer

The problem with the 707 to my understanding is that it only supports 1080p/60 (not 24hz) and it only has one HDMI output.

At 40k that's unacceptable.
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
The problem with the 707 to my understanding is that it only supports 1080p/60 (not 24hz) and it only has one HDMI output.
It will up convert video to 1080p/60, it will pass anything less than that ) (ie 1080p/24 which is a slower frame rate but more a movie thing), so if your Blu-ray or HD DVD player is outputing 1080p/24 (and your display does this rate) you would see it.

Now.... $40K for a processor is a bit much for even me, but I have seen this thing and it is truly high end art as well as ultra high end audio.

This thing is so cool to see! I would gladly pay some just for how cool it looks and the feel of the volume knob (even though I likely never would touch it!)
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #21

This unit has been delayed forever. At first they were saying it would be 20k.

So, am I correct in saying that with Blu-ray the video signal will pass straight thru and the processor will do nothing for it? Wasn't one of the point in paying top dollar was because of video processing? Most people who pay over 10k for a processor will probably ply Blu-ray most of the time anyways.

Don't get me wrong, I have a number of Krell gear, but I'd really wish that for the price the Krell piece should at least have the features comparable to the new denon processor.
Old 02-29-2008   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
So, am I correct in saying that with Blu-ray the video signal will pass straight thru and the processor will do nothing for it?
I believe so, what would be the point of owning a display capable of 1080p/24fps and using ANY processor to scale it to 1080p/60fps? you would lose all that filminess of it!
Old 02-29-2008   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I believe so, what would be the point of owning a display capable of 1080p/24fps and using ANY processor to scale it to 1080p/60fps? you would lose all that filminess of it!
I apologize for being argumentative, but what's the point of owning a 40k processor if I'm only inputing 1080p/24 and it does nothing in terms of enhancing my picture.

I've seen the Mcintosh VP1000 scaler and what it does for image enhancement for SD signals. I'm hoping there would be a processor or scaler out there that would take my 1080p/24 sginal and further enhance it. Or am I asking for too much??
Old 02-29-2008   #24

No problem, but you are missing the point. 1080p/24 should not be scaled if your display does it, it's not an improvement, in fact it would be a downgrade in image quality, this is why I assume it would pass it!
Sponsored Links

Tags
402, 707, 71, avs, avsforum, competitor, evolution, krell, krell707, nht33, processor, review, singer, sound, subwoofer