Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Preamps (Audio & Video) (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video-8/)
-   -   Halcro SSP-200 (http://www.avrev.com/forum/preamps-audio-video/1310-halcro-ssp-200-a.html)

rlpiii 12-19-2007 02:39 PM

Halcro SSP-200

I just got back my SSP-100 updated to the SSP-200 a few weeks ago.
According to Halcro, about 90% of the hardware was changed out.
One of the major changes was updating to HDMI 1.3.
For the last year or so my SSP-100 has had some HDMI issues, so getting the update has helped from what I have seen so far.
Has anyone reviewed the SSP-100 or SSP-200?
I was wondering what experience, if any, others have had with the SSP-100 or SSP-200.

Thanks.

kennyt 12-19-2007 04:01 PM

Re: Halcro SSP-200

Does it do the new audio formats via HDMI now?

rlpiii 01-04-2008 12:39 PM

It is supposed to. I picked up an LG BH200 yesterday, and I am having trouble getting the SSP-200 to play multi-channel PCM. It will play for a few minutes then fall out. I'll start getting background sound only - no voices. I still need to make sure no operator error is occurring though - the new SSP-200 insert I received is a bit cryptic. The BH200 seems a little bit more user friendly than the BH100 that I am replacing. So, hopefully, I'll have it all worked out by this weekend.

Brian 01-08-2008 10:11 AM

I have had both the SSP-100 and the SSP-200 in my system and have found the SSP-200 to have better HDMI performance, both with range of HDMI sources as well as converting analog video to HDMI. With respect to digital audio, I have found that at times the processor can be a bit slow to lock onto a signal when changing sources but once locked on I have not had a problem losing the signal. If this problem persists try using different HDMI cables, I had a similar problem with digital video and this fixed the problem. Keep your eyes open for a review on the SSP-200.
Brian

rlpiii 01-08-2008 02:02 PM

I agree with you on the SSP-100 having HDMI problems. I originally was sending back mine for that issue. I was at the point that HDMI was only working on one input. It was just coincidence that the SSP-200 upgrade was also available. The problem of slow lock on changing sources is something that I have also noticed on both the SSP-100 & SSP-200. I have tried using multiple types of HDMI cables as you have suggested, and still have the slow changing of sources problem.

Please let me know what brand of HDMI cable you have used to get better response time for locking onto the signal when changing the source.

On the SSP-100, I was able to duplicate HDMI fall-out it -- it was due to power outages. Every time we have a power outage, the SSP-100 would lose HDMI whether the unit was powered-up and running or not. I would have to flip the main power switch on the back to get HDMI working again. For a long time, I thought it was my projector having trouble. . .

I am still struggling with MPCM. Please let me know if you have any problems trying to make it work, or have any hints to get it working consistently.

Thanks.
RLPIII

rlpiii 01-14-2008 09:08 AM

I spent some time working with the MPCM this weekend, and I am convinced that it does not work. I am planning on sending the unit back to Halcro for repair, if they are not able to get me a software fix. Hopefully, it will not take a month like it did for the upgrade.