Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 11-05-2008   #49

Default Re: Halcro SSP-200

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke42 View Post
Exactly what I thought as well. Regarding the upgrade, the price is 1000 Euro. I think that this is a good price for upgrading to ssp220.
That it is a good price. I would definitely do it.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
That it is a good price. I would definitely do it.
I will, no worries and I will let you when it is done and what I think of it.
stefke42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #51

Finally received the unit back yesterday (friday 28/11). Perfectly packed in a new double box with brand new remote and microphone. Everything seems to be working very well. I do however have a few questions.

1. i cannot see any menu for the scaler. Is that normal?
2. when playing MPCM from blu ray or hd dvd via hdmi, i also have to set the video input from hdmi or it audio signal is not recognized. When I set the output to component, there is no video output. That is a probem for me because my plasma does not have a hdmi input. Is there a solution for that?

stefan
Old 12-07-2008   #52

got feedback from Halcro and it seems that the scaler is disabled. However they provided me the SW that enables the scaler again. Didn't had time yet to reflash the unit yet and I'm also hesitating a little bit because i don't want anything to go wrong. Does any of you have activated the scaler?
Old 12-08-2008   #53

I have never had to activate the scaler, but I have seen my dealer try to update firmware on the unit. They only ran into problems because I had a hardware failure the software could not fix. If you are worried about damaging the unit, you could always send it back to Halcro, and tell them to fix it. My experience has been that it's just easier to send it back to them rather than risk damaging the unit with a bad install. If Halcro screws it up, it's their responsibility to fix it.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 200, 220, 98, clicking, dropout, dtc, halcro, hdmi, integra, mpcm, picture, processor, ps3, review, reviews, sound, ssp, surround, video