Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 01-29-2008   #13

Default Re: Halcro SSP-200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I am moving this week so everything is being boxed up. However, the last set of cables I used were the new Tributaries and they worked as good as anything else I have tried. Is a symptom of your HDMI problem that you get video, but the sound "stutters" and there is a clicking sound from the unit?
Brian
Yes. I have noticed a lengthy pause for audio when changing sources as opposed to a shorter pause for video, and I have heard the clicking sound in the unit when making source changes.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #14
Banned

You do know that the halcro is based on the Vinci Labs Titan OEM SSP platform and is basically the same as a cheaper parasound C1.
Asahikasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #15

Red face Re: Halcro SSP-200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asahikasei View Post
You do know that the halcro is based on the Vinci Labs Titan OEM SSP platform and is basically the same as a cheaper parasound C1.
About 2 years back when I bought the Halcro SSP-100, it was the only pre-amp processor that had HDMI much less 1080p pass-thru, 1080p up-convert, 7-channel balance input, 7-channel balanced output, etc.

Just because parasound managed to get the same Vinci Labs Titan OEM SSP platform does not mean it offers the same features and sounds the same. Board integration does play a part in a quality build.

Back when I bought the Halcro, I was definitely open to consider any other manufactures that could offer the same features, but at the time, there was none.

Even now, the closest thing to the Halcro that I heard of is Integra which still falls short.

If you know of any other pre-amp processors with the same features as the Halcro that sound as good or better, please let me know because I would be very interested in looking at them too.
Old 01-30-2008   #16
Banned

Quote:
Just because parasound managed to get the same Vinci Labs Titan OEM SSP platform does not mean it offers the same features and sounds the same. Board integration does play a part in a quality build.
Yet I have shown that other high end processors do not do this like the lexicon and mcintosh so why would halcro be any different? Can you take some internal pictures of your halcro and post them up?

Quote:
Even now, the closest thing to the Halcro that I heard of is Integra which still falls short.
You know what is funny the integra is 100% based off of a onkyo receiver, I bet if you knew this before you would not have bothered to look at it.

Quote:
If you know of any other pre-amp processors with the same features as the Halcro that sound as good or better, please let me know because I would be very interested in looking at them too.
And yet with all that money spent you can not get the new lossless DTS HD master since that has to be sent out in bitstream and decoded in the player. Yet loads of people with their humble receivers have been enjoying this ever since the samsung BD 1400 supported this.
Asahikasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #17

I just got a call from my Halcro dealer. Apparently, a mix-up occurred when Halcro was trying to ship out the new replacement SSP-200 to him, and they shipped a wrong unit. Now, the Halcro rep. is flying out to bring the SSP-200, and supervise the install to make sure everything is working as advertised. So, hopefully, by Tuesday night it will be all up and running.
Old 02-06-2008   #18

Best of luck. Please let me know how it goes.
Brian
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 200, 220, 98, clicking, dropout, dtc, halcro, hdmi, integra, mpcm, picture, processor, ps3, review, reviews, sound, ssp, surround, video