Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 01-15-2008   #7

Default Re: Halcro SSP-200

I have been able to get the MPCM to work with my PS3. Do you have your SSP set to MPCM in the audio source setup? The difference between the uncompressed audio streams and the standard DTS/DD codecs is quite noticeable. I am still experimenting with cables to determine which ones work best with this unit, I will let you know what I am able to ascertain.
Brian
Old 01-15-2008   #8

Yes, I definitely have it set to MPCM in the audio source setup. All I have been able to get for sound is background sounds for not more than 30 seconds at best. One time I had a full system lockup where I was not getting any sound at all from any component. This lockup forced a system reset using the power switch on the back. My dealer is coming out to the house Friday morning to check it and troubleshoot with Halcro over the phone to try and fix it. If that does not work, it will be going back to Halcro.

Please let me know how your HDMI cable experiment goes.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #9

My SSP-200 is definitely going back to Halcro. The dealer confirmed MPCM and another HDMI input failed. Halcro is planning to send out a replacement this time before we send mine off.

We also tried multiple HDMI cables during the trouble-shooting. They all seemed to work about the same. The dealer had an HDMI tester that would be interesting to have. We noticed that the brand name stuff and the cheap no-name brands were performing about the same. It seems that some components benefit from higher-end HDMI cables, and some do not - according to the dealer.
Old 01-28-2008   #10

I just spoke with the Halcro rep. and he said they are not going to try and repair my upgraded SSP-200. They are just going to send me a brand new SSP-200. It shipped out from CA today, so I should have it by the end of the week.

Brian - when do you plan to have your review of the SSP-200 finished?
Will you also be suggesting HDMI cables best suited for SSP-200 in your review?
Old 01-28-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I just spoke with the Halcro rep. and he said they are not going to try and repair my upgraded SSP-200. They are just going to send me a brand new SSP-200. It shipped out from CA today, so I should have it by the end of the week.

Brian - when do you plan to have your review of the SSP-200 finished?
Will you also be suggesting HDMI cables best suited for SSP-200 in your review?
If you get an HDMI 1.3 compliant cable you should be fine. I've seen no benefits of high end cables over say a Better Cable Silver Serpent HDMI 1.3 compliant cable. Those aren't "cheap," but they definately seem to stand up to cables costing much more. I have participated in HDMI 1.3 compliant cable "testing," and not one of us could tell the difference between the cables.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #12

I am moving this week so everything is being boxed up. However, the last set of cables I used were the new Tributaries and they worked as good as anything else I have tried. Is a symptom of your HDMI problem that you get video, but the sound "stutters" and there is a clicking sound from the unit?
Brian
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 200, 220, 98, clicking, dropout, dtc, halcro, hdmi, integra, mpcm, picture, processor, ps3, review, reviews, sound, ssp, surround, video