Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 06-02-2007   #1

Default Arcam AVP700 vs. Sunfire TGP V

Both have HDMI video switching.
However, the Sunfire has newer components, but wouldl also cost $1000 more.
Opinions, ideas, suggestions?
Thanks.
John Paul Ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #2

Thumbs up Re: Arcam AVP700 vs. Sunfire TGP V

The Sunfire TGP V is equipped with two HDMI inputs, and one HDMI output that
allows lossless switching of uncompressed, high definition ditigal video signals. It also allows complete and independent control of both the main home theater and an additional zone are supported via IP and other methods.
7.1 Channel Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital, Dobly Digital ex, DTS, etc.

We live in a world of changing technologies. I can only speak for myself, within my given budget, I try to get the best available. So that I have everything I need, so I can fully enjoy my experience. Connectivity is a huge issue with all this HDMI 1.3, 1.2 business. Get what you can right now. Sometimes it is worth to go over the budget, sometimes it is not. That decision YOU have to make for yourself. But given all that it offers, this Sunfire preamp is packed with just about everything you need.

Now, it is on you!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
13, 700, anthem, arcam, audio, avf, avp700, hdmi, iii, jvc, manual, sunfire, tgp, tgpv, video