Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Preamps (Audio & Video)

Preamps (Audio & Video) From tubes to solid state, discuss all topics related to audio & video preamps here.

Old 11-29-2007   #1
breanna

Default Software non-supportive!

I downloaded a WMV file from the internet that I want to use in a video, eventually to a DVD. The Pinnacle editing software does not support that file extension (only AVI or MPG). So how do I change WMV to AVI ?
Thanks!
Old 11-30-2007   #2
kennedy_w

Default Re: Software non-supportive!

Hi,
Here is one of the best option that is available on the net and is called Movavi VideoSuite . It is an extremely powerful video conversion, DVD Ripping and DVD authoring software. You can quickly convert WMV to AVI, MPEG, MP4, DivX, VOB or any other popular video format in one single click. The Movavi VideoSuite is so easy-to-use and effective in getting the job done. You can test it out with a free trial version. Hope this help you. Good luck!
Old 12-03-2007   #3

What about Final Cut Pro?
Old 12-03-2007   #4

Judging by the thread and response by Kennedy W, it appears we have a Movavi rep or employee posting on this site. Kennedy W, please clarify if you work for or have ties to Movavi. This is not the first attempt at such a thread, nor is the solution of Movavi.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by breanna View Post
I downloaded a WMV file from the internet that I want to use in a video, eventually to a DVD. The Pinnacle editing software does not support that file extension (only AVI or MPG). So how do I change WMV to AVI ?
Thanks!
Try WINAVIVideo Converter - it converts wmv to dvd, dvd to avi, wmv to avi ect. Its very simple, inexpensive and user friendly. You could also use Video Studio 11 from Ulead, or Adobe Premier, or believe it or not - Adobe Audition (2.0 or above). The lease expensive is the first one but the others give you more editing options. I didn't include Final Cut Pro because it won't do it without a compainon piece of software called Flip4Mac - Final Cut Pro cost too much not to be able to convert wmv's out the box. I've used Final Cut Pro, Media 100, Ulead Studio Pro 8, Video Studio 10, Movie Maker, Adobe Premier, WinAVIVideo Converter, and Adobe Audition. As a matter of fact why won't you just use windows free utility Windows Movie Maker? It has general editing features and it will let you save your file as an AVI.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, avi, calibration, files, software, video