Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 11-30-2007   #13

Default Re: What is better, LCD or Plasma?

I would say that at night plasma is best. During the day LCD is best. The best solution for my situation is LCD due to all the windows that I have.

I still play a lot of games and when I pause a game and walk away for some time I do not want to ghost the screen. I think that they both have their place, but till I have my power plant up and running I will be using LCD.
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #14

I think they serve different applications, but plasma is definitely my preferred display. That is if you don't consider front-projections.
Old 01-11-2008   #15

Also, plasma is supposed to have a much shorter life span.
I have 3 Mitsubishi 1080p LCDs and like them a lot.
In Texas, the last thing I need is to add more heat in the room - so for me plasma is out.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #16

Great points here. I just recently came across this one at TweakTV from Kevin Miller http://www.tweaktv.com/the-kevin-mil...is-better.html
gedalneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #17

Your own decision is mainly going to based on the television size you want, where in your home it will be used, and, of course, your budget.
lisa.royal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009   #18

I have a 65" Panasonic plasma. I now understand why the sun produces so much heat.

With 3 large amps, the television and other electronics all at one end of the room, the heat produced is really uncomfortable during the summer months. Pretty nice during the winter.

Nevertheless, the picture quality is great...colors are accurate and the depth of field is fantastic.
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
120hz, 56, beating, better, blu, cooler, format, forum, hdtv, heat, lcd, plasma, ray, rev, whats