Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 09-21-2007   #7

Default Re: What is better, LCD or Plasma?

Blue-3,

I live in Florida and really don't appreciate the heat of my Panasonic 42". I know some people with older 60" sets do have issues with heat but I think that has gotten better lately, at least in my experience.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #8

kennyt,

I was in the stores last week looking to replace an aged HD RPTV, and there were equal sized plasma and LCD next to each other. You could feel the heat radiate off the plasma at 3 feet, but there was so much less off the LCD, everyone thought the plasma had issues, but it was just being a plasma, radiating heat, where the same size LCD did not. Take my expeience to say plasma is still far hotter to run than LCD, that adds up in power consumption, too.
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #9

Heat is a GREAT issue to bring up ESPECIALLY in AZ but even in every system. Even in my theater where I have a 4 ton HVAC unit for 890 sqft - my rack gets VERY HOT.

Enjoy the rain coming your way today. It POURED in LA last night. First time since February.
Old 09-22-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Heat is a GREAT issue to bring up ESPECIALLY in AZ but even in every system. Even in my theater where I have a 4 ton HVAC unit for 890 sqft - my rack gets VERY HOT.

Enjoy the rain coming your way today. It POURED in LA last night. First time since February.
We had about 15 minutes of the drips, the heat island of Phoenix proper propels rain storms to the perimeter of the city way out, leaving the island of about 400 sq. miles quite dry. Cooled off the temp about 5-10 degrees though.

Heat is very bad for components as it severely shortens their lives. I try to take that into consideration every component, every aspect of setup. My setup has a lot of air space because of that.
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post

That is a very loooong time between getting any water Jerry.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #12

Although I'm usually energy conscious, I still lean toward plasmas.

Its about time to retire my 7yr old 50" Fujitsu, and I'll be using CES to shop around.
Sounds like the Pioneer Elite Kuro will be on my short list.
m_a_simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
120hz, 56, beating, better, blu, cooler, format, forum, hdtv, heat, lcd, plasma, ray, rev, whats