Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 01-14-2008   #31

Default Re: Pioneer Kuro Plamsa HDTVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksout View Post
My Pioneer rep told me this directly, so I'd probably have to go with what he says.
glocksout,

Do you have any idea who Kevin Miller is?

Obviously not.

When it comes to video, he is a flippin' God and is more in touch with this market and products in it that any rep or dealer out there. To me, Kevin's word is as good as gold and I would trust him to be right on this one.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #32

Thumbs up Re: Pioneer Kuro Plamsa HDTVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Miller View Post
Hey guys,

You have a lot of misinformation here. First off, I dont know what you guys are looking at, but I haven't seen an implemetation of 120Hz that doesn't completely screw up the picture. It makes motion pans look like cartoons, and in some cases introduces some serious artifacts into the picture. The Pioneer 72Hz function has been Broken since its inception. Try looking at the opening sequence of "Star Trek: Insurrection, 480i of course, with the 72Hz on on the Pioneer and watch the Buildings shake like a California Earth Quake.

As for the Pioneers and their differences wrong again. The PDPs color decoding is terrible and pushes red like crazy. TThe Elite's decoding is dead on accurate. And on the PDPs the primary and secondary colors are not even close to the Pioneer Elite's accuracy in Pure mode. This of course is done on purpose to differentiate their product lines.

Finally, if you want the best performance from anything you should have it Professionally Calibrated by an expert with good credentials and top notch test gear.
That is very interesting Kevin. I just helped my friend this Saturday, who just started his own Home Theater Installation business a few months ago, install a PDP-6010FD Kuro Plasma at his Pastor`s house. We definitely did not have time to have him calibrate the tv. That will be done tomorrow. He is ISF certified back in the mid 80`s by Joe Kane.

However, when we put the HQV HD DVD calibration disc in, just to play something, I was impressed with the picture quality right out the box. I`ll let you know, how it goes after we go back tomorrow to finish up.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #33

I'm sorry I hurt your ego, Kevin. I don't know why the Pioneer rep would say this. Usually a rep would tell you how much greater the higher priced item is. They both come off the same line, they're both the same mechanics so the difference will have to be in the software. As you say, it's got to be done on purpose.
Old 01-15-2008   #34

"He is ISF certified back in the mid 80`s by Joe Kane.

.......and who IS this "masked man" from the mid 80's??????????????????????????
Bob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #35

My best friend just put the 50" Elite Kuro into his bedroom, burned it and and got it calibrated the other day, it is quite simply the best picture I have ever seen on a plasma. Excellent detail, black level, fast motion, you name it this set does it right.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I can't believe they aren't 120khz?
Plasmas don't need to be 120khz; they are native 72 khz. What this means with a 24fps source, they do 3:3 pull down which is dead-on accurate speaking of the Kuros.
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, channel, deinterlacer, event, find, forum, good, halt, hd, kuro, pioneer, plamsa, receive, rex, tv