Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 11-10-2007   #7

Default Re: Pioneer Kuro Plamsa HDTVs

Hi All,

I have to concur with Andrew the Pioneers, especially the Elites with the Color Management System that actually works, are the best plasma panels on the market by a country mile right now. The blacks are the best, at long last besting Panasonic, and the accuracy of the primary and secondary colors, while not perfect is certainly superior to anything on the market.
Email: kevin@ISFTV.COM
Web Site: www.ISFTV.COM ; www.tweaktv.com
Founding Imaging Science Foundation Member since 1994. Industry Consultant ~ ISF Instructor
Contributing Editor to CNET.COM, & AVRev.com
Kevin Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I tried to go look at them with a buddy who wants one at Sound Advice (Tweeter out here) and the guy pointed us towards last years and said 'it's the same glass, just higher resolution' I promptly corrected him and in Alan's words 'set the record for ****ing off a salesman!'

Idiot, he's supposed to be selling these??
I know Tweeter is supposed to be a few steps up from BB, Circuit City, etc. but this is the typical sales person in the marketplace unfortunately today.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #9

I like the fact that a Kuro ad serves on this page.

We have the review back and will run it on 12/1/07 on AVRev.com
Old 11-24-2007   #10

I can't believe they aren't 120khz?
Old 11-24-2007   #11

Only the LCD's are using 120Hz. No 'k'. It's my understanding the LCD's need to do this to make motion appear smooth, plasma works differently and doesn't seem to share this issue.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #12

I stopped by a local HT dealer and Pioneer staff folks we there demoing the new Kuro flat panels. I wish more dealers would do this, because you get straigh answers. Plus, they gave me a Kuro t-shirt.

Anyway, these are the best displays I have seen. The Pioneer guys said that this display uses new technology to produce better blacks, which intern improves overall color and detail. Here is the description that they gave me on the new technology. What they said is that plasma "pixel" is excited by a charge to produce colors. The problem is that the plasma "pixels" still stay in an excited state even when they are "off" for blacks, emitting some light. That is why blacks never really get black.

What they told me is that the Kuro displays use a new technology that reduces the amount of charge when the "pixel" is off by 80%, hence reducing the amount of light output of a "pixel" that is off by 80%.

They had several of their old plasmas and other brands of plasma right next to it. The differences were not subtle. The Kuros looked fabulous.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, channel, deinterlacer, event, find, forum, good, halt, hd, kuro, pioneer, plamsa, receive, rex, tv