Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Plasma and LCD HDTV

Plasma and LCD HDTV Talk about flat HDTVs here.

Old 10-15-2010   #1

Default ypical power consumption

Power consumption varies greatly with picture content, with bright scenes drawing significantly more power than darker ones - this is also true of CRTs. Typical power consumption is 400 watts for a 50-inch screen. 200 to 310 watts for a 50-inch display when set to cinema mode. Most screens are set to 'shop' mode by default, which draws at least twice the power of a 'home' setting of less extreme brightness.

mr green
Online gokkasten
sirilu555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #2

Default Re: ypical power consumption

At one time I had hooked up a Watt-meter to my home theater Monster power conditioner (powered all my A/V equipment)... and my Home Theater goodness only cost me about 6 cents an hour in electricity (700 watts max: RPTV, amp, conditioner, PS3, ... the cheapest part of the home movie experience.
docrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
consumption, hts3500, monster, power